National Register of Historic Places listings in Charles County, Maryland
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Charles County, Maryland.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Charles County, Maryland, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 39 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark. Two other sites in the county were once listed on the Register but have been removed.
|Allegany - Anne Arundel - Baltimore (city) - Baltimore County - Calvert - Caroline - Carroll - Cecil - Charles - Dorchester - Frederick - Garrett - Harford - Howard - Kent - Montgomery - Prince George's - Queen Anne's - Somerset - St. Mary's - Talbot - Washington - Wicomico - Worcester|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|Billingsley Rd. west of its junction with Maryland Route 228
|Southeast of Mason on Maryland Route 425
|3||Bryantown Historic District||
|Maryland Route 5 and County Route 232
|South of La Plata off Maryland Route 6 west of Blossom Point Rd.
|West of Port Tobacco on Maryland Route 6
|7310 Greenland Place
|Northeast of Pomfret on Maryland Route 227
|8||Habre-de-Venture; Thomas Stone National Historic Site||
|6655 Rose Hill Rd., near its junction with Maryland Routes 6 and 225
|10||Johnsontown Tobacco Barn No. 2||
|9830 Johnsontown Rd.
||La Plata vicinity||part of the Tobacco Barns of Southern Maryland MPS|
|Maryland Route 6, west of U.S. Route 301
|North of Port Tobacco on Mitchell Rd.
|Maryland Route 488
|West of La Plata on Maryland Route 225
|15||Mallows Bay-Widewater Historic and Archeological District||
|Off Charles County shoreline at Sandy Pt.
|5 miles north of Maryland Routes 210 and 227
|East of Patuxent on Teagues Point Rd.
|Maryland Route 227
|West of Faulkner off U.S. Route 301
|1.8 miles southwest of Bryans Rd. on the northwestern side of Chapman's Landing Rd.
|21||Mt. Carmel Monastery||
|North of Port Tobacco on Mt. Carmel Rd.
|Turkey Hill Rd.
|Maryland Route 5
|9205 Marshall's Corner Rd.
|25||Port Tobacco Historic District||
|Off Maryland Route 6
|Maryland Route 484/Poor House Rd. and Maryland Route 6
|Northeast of Bel Alton on Bel Alton-Newtown Rd.
|Rose Hill Rd.
|Fire Tower Rd.
|Southeast of Newport off Maryland Route 234
|East of Waldorf near the junction of Maryland Routes 232 and 382
|32||St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church, Newport||
|St. Mary's Church Rd.
|33||St. Thomas Manor||
|Maryland Route 427/Chapel Point Rd.
|County Route 469/Chapel Point Rd.
|Mitchell Rd., north of Maryland Route 225
|37||Timber Neck Farm||
|Southeast of Faulkner Rd.
|Gallant Green Rd.
|13535 Waverly Point Road
Formerly listed in the county
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||Fairgrounds Rd. E of Penn Central RR tracks
||Piney Church Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Charles County, Maryland.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Maryland
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Maryland
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 14, 2016.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.