National Register of Historic Places listings in Charlotte County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Charlotte County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Charlotte County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Annefield||November 12, 2009
|3200 Sunny Side Rd.||Saxe|
|2||Charlotte County Courthouse||May 7, 1980
|State Routes 40 and 47||Charlotte Court House|
|3||Charlotte Court House Historic District||February 8, 1995
|State Route 40 between Evergreen Rd. and State Route 47||Charlotte Court House|
|4||Clarkton Bridge||January 26, 2007
|Clarkton Bridge Rd. over the Staunton River||Nathalie||Extends into Halifax County|
|5||Four Locust Farm||December 3, 2009
|U.S. Route 15||Keysville|
|6||Gravel Hill||February 16, 2001
|3990 Fearstown Rd.||Charlotte Court House|
|7||Greenfield||April 2, 1973
|East of Charlotte Court House on Greenfield Rd.||Charlotte Court House|
|8||Keysville Railroad Station||November 12, 2008
|9||Maple Roads||September 14, 2002
|1325 Richardson Rd.||Keysville|
|10||Mulberry Hill||March 20, 1973
|North of Randolph on Roanoke Creek Rd.||Randolph|
|11||Red Hill||February 14, 1978
|Southeast of Brookneal on Red Hill Rd.||Brookneal|
|12||Roanoke Plantation||April 11, 1973
|West of Saxe off Scuffletown Rd.||Saxe|
|13||Salem School||October 30, 1998
|Junction of Tobacco Hill and Cargills Creek Rds.||Red Oak|
|14||Staunton Hill||October 1, 1969
|Southwest of the junction of Terrell and Staunton Creek Rds.||Brookneal|
|15||Toombs Tobacco Farm||January 28, 2000
|1125 Tates Mill Rd.||Red Oak|
|16||Wade Archeological Site (44CH0062)||October 23, 2003
|1035 Fort Hill Trail||Randolph|
|17||Watkins House||May 27, 2004
|3115 Briery Rd.||Keysville|
|18||Westview||February 4, 2000
|1672 Terrell Rd.||Brookneal|
|19||Woodfork||January 24, 2002
|3704 Woodfork Rd.||Charlotte Court House|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Charlotte County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on September 14, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.