National Register of Historic Places listings in Chaves County, New Mexico
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Chaves County, New Mexico.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Chaves County, New Mexico, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. All of the places within the county on the National Register are also listed on the State Register of Cultural Properties.
|Bernalillo – Catron – Chaves – Cibola – Colfax – Curry – De Baca – Doña Ana – Eddy – Grant – Guadalupe – Harding – Hidalgo – Lea – Lincoln – Los Alamos – Luna – McKinley – Mora – Otero – Quay – Rio Arriba – Roosevelt – San Juan – San Miguel – Sandoval – Santa Fe – Sierra – Socorro – Taos – Torrance – Union – Valencia|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||CA Bar Ranch||August 29, 1988
|U.S. Route 82 3 miles west of its junction with State Road 24||Mayhill|
|2||Chaves County Courthouse||February 15, 1989
|400 block of Main St.||Roswell|
|3||Diamond A Ranch||August 29, 1988
|About 14 miles west of Roswell along U.S. Route 380, then 2 miles south on a private ranch road||Roswell||Ranch headquarters building and bunkhouse built of stone in late 1880s or early 1990s|
|4||Downtown Roswell Historic District||May 16, 1985
|Roughly bounded by 8th St., Richardson Ave., Albuquerque St., and Missouri Ave.||Roswell|
|5||Flying H Ranch||September 14, 1988
|Off U.S. Route 70 between Hope and Elk Area||Roswell|
|6||Patrick Floyd Garrett House||August 29, 1988
|Bosque Rd. 3 miles north of Roswell||Roswell|
|7||Robert H. Goddard House||July 15, 1988
|Route 3 E. on Mescalero Rd.||Roswell|
|8||Louise Massey House||May 16, 1985
|209 W. Alameda St.||Roswell||Home of country singer Louise Massey|
|9||Millhiser-Baker Farm||August 29, 1988
|Route 1 0.5 miles south of McGaffey||Roswell|
|10||Milne-Bush Ranch||August 29, 1988
|11||New Mexico Military Institute Historic District||May 7, 1987
|Roughly bounded by 19th and N. Main Sts., College Boulevard, and Kentucky Ave.||Roswell|
|12||Ozark Trails Marker at Lake Arthur||July 16, 2004
|Junction of Main and Broadway Sts.||Lake Arthur|
|13||Rio Felix Bridge At Hagerman||July 15, 1997
|U.S. Route 285 over Rio Felix||Hagerman|
|14||Roswell Artist-in-Residence Compound||August 7, 2017
|1404 W. Berrendo Rd.||Roswell|
|15||Saunders-Crosby House||May 16, 1985
|200 E. Deming||Roswell|
|16||Slaughter-Hill Ranch||August 29, 1988
|1601 E. 2nd St.||Roswell|
|17||South Spring Ranch||April 24, 1989
|18||Urton Orchards||August 29, 1988
|19||James Phelps White House||July 24, 1978
|200 N. Lea Ave.||Roswell|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Chaves County, New Mexico.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in New Mexico
- National Register of Historic Places listings in New Mexico
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 7, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.