National Register of Historic Places listings in Chester County, South Carolina
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Chester County, South Carolina.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Chester County, South Carolina, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Catholic Presbyterian Church||
|14 miles south of Chester on South Carolina Highway 97 and County Road 355
|2||Chester City Hall and Opera House||
|Corner of West End and Columbia Sts.
|3||Chester Historic District||
(and 87000684 #72001203 and 87000684)
|Commercial area centered around the junction of U.S. Route 321 and South Carolina Highway 72; also roughly bounded by Hemphill Ave., Brawley, Saluda, and Foote Sts., and along Reedy St.
||Chester||Second set of boundaries represents a boundary increase of March 15, 1988|
|4||Colvin-Fant-Durham Farm Complex||
|Eastern side of South Carolina Highway 22, approximately 1 mile west of its junction with South Carolina Highway 16
|Junction of U.S. Route 321 and South Carolina Highway 205
|North of Richburg off South Carolina Highway 901 on County Road 136
|Southwest of Chester off South Carolina Highway 72
|8||Great Falls Depot||
|9||Great Falls Downtown Historic District||
|Dearborn St. between Church and Republic St.
|Lancaster and Cemetery Sts.
|Off U.S. Route 21
|13||Landsford Plantation House||
|County Road 595, ½ mile east of U.S. Route 21
|Northeast of Chester off South Carolina Highway 72
|15||McCollum Fish Weir||
|Confluence of the Broad River with Turkey Creek
||Chester||Also known as "Turkey Creek Mound"|
|17||People's Free Library of South Carolina||
|18||James Phinney House||
|2762 Blaney Rd.
|806 Dearborn St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Chester County, South Carolina.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in South Carolina
- National Register of Historic Places listings in South Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Lane, John. My Paddle to the Sea: Eleven Days on the River of the Carolinas. Athens: U of Georgia P, 2011, 67-68.