National Register of Historic Places listings in Clarke County, Alabama
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Clarke County, Alabama.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Clarke County, Alabama, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Airmount Grave Shelter||
|Northern side of State Route 5, 0.5 miles west of the county line
|120 Cobb St.
|168 N. Church St.
|301 W. Church St.
|5||Stephen Beech Cleveland House||
|County Road 35, 2.4 miles south of U.S. Route 84
|6||John A. Coate House||
|DuBose St., between Church and Crawford Sts.
|U.S. Route 84, 1.4 miles west of U.S. Route 43
|101 Dickinson Ave.
|Southeast of Grove Hill
|10||Gainestown Methodist Church and Cemetery||
|County Road 29, 0.3 miles south of County Road 33
|Western side of Gainestown-Suggsville Public Rd. north of Good Hope Church
|12||Grove Hill Courthouse Square Historic District||
|Roughly along Cobb, Court, Jackson, and Main Sts.
|13||Jackson Historic District||
|Roughly along College, Forest, and Carroll Aves., bounded by Cedar, Florida, Commerce, Clinton, and Spruce Sts.
|14||Doit W. McClellan Lustron House||
|116 W. Pearl St.
|15||J. P. McKee Lustron House||
|519 College Ave.
|16||Isaac Nettles Gravestones||
|Eastern side of Mt. Nebo Rd., 0.5 miles south of County Road 19
|17||Jesse Pickens Pugh Farmstead||
|U.S. Route 84, 3.5 miles west of Grove Hill
|18||Thomasville Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by U.S. Route 43, 1145 W. Front St., Wilson St., and 818 W. 3rd St.
|19||Whatley Historic District||
|Roughly along Whatley Rd. from Grove Hill to the railroad tracks
|North of Gainestown on Suggsville Rd.
|Off U.S. Route 84
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Clarke County, Alabama.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Alabama
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Alabama
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.