National Register of Historic Places listings in Clay County, Florida
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Clay County, Florida.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Clay County, Florida, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 23 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|Alachua - Baker - Bay - Bradford - Brevard - Broward - Calhoun - Charlotte - Citrus - Clay - Collier - Columbia - DeSoto - Dixie - Duval - Escambia - Flagler - Franklin - Gadsden - Gilchrist - Glades - Gulf - Hamilton - Hardee - Hendry - Hernando - Highlands - Hillsborough - Holmes - Indian River - Jackson - Jefferson - Lafayette - Lake - Lee - Leon - Levy - Liberty - Madison - Manatee - Marion - Martin - Miami-Dade (Miami) - Monroe - Nassau - Okaloosa - Okeechobee - Orange - Osceola - Palm Beach - Pasco - Pinellas - Polk - Putnam - St. Johns - St. Lucie - Santa Rosa - Sarasota - Seminole - Sumter - Suwannee - Taylor - Union - Volusia - Wakulla - Walton - Washington|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bubba Midden (8CL84)||March 2, 1990
|Address Restricted||Fleming Island|
|2||Frosard W. Budington House||March 9, 1990
|3916 Main Street||Middleburg||Part of the Middleburg MPS|
|3||George A. Chalker House||March 9, 1990
|2160 Wharf Street||Middleburg||Part of the Middleburg MPS|
|4||Clark-Chalker House||October 5, 1988
|3891 Main Street||Middleburg|
|5||William Clarke Estate||July 15, 1998
|1039-1057 Kingsley Avenue||Orange Park||Part of the Orange Park, Florida MPS|
|6||Clay County Courthouse||June 20, 1975
|Brabantio Avenue||Green Cove Springs|
|7||George Randolph Frisbee Jr. House||March 9, 1990
|2125 Palmetto Street||Middleburg||Part of the Middleburg MPS|
|8||Green Cove Springs Historic District||March 28, 1991
|Roughly bounded by Bay Street, the CSX railroad tracks, Center Street, Orange Avenue, St. Elmo Street, and the St. Johns River||Green Cove Springs|
|9||Joseph Green House||July 15, 1998
|531 McIntosh Avenue||Orange Park||Part of the Orange Park, Florida MPS. Photo is of building on site. The house was demolished in 1999.|
|10||Haskell-Long House||March 9, 1990
|3858 Main Street||Middleburg||Part of the Middleburg MPS|
|11||William Helffrich House||July 15, 1998
|1200 Plainfield Avenue||Orange Park||Part of the Orange Park, Florida MPS|
|12||Holly Cottage||July 8, 2010
|6935 Old Church Road||Green Cove Springs vicinity|
|13||Memorial Home Community Historic District||February 3, 1999
|Roughly bounded by State Road 16, Caroline Boulevard, Wilbanks Avenue, and Studio Road||Penney Farms|
|14||Methodist Episcopal Church at Black Creek||March 9, 1990
|3925 Main Street||Middleburg||Part of the Middleburg MPS|
|15||Middleburg Historic District||March 9, 1990
|3881-3895 Main Street and 2145 Wharf Street||Middleburg||Part of the Middleburg MPS|
|16||Orange Park Elementary School||July 15, 1998
|1401 Plainfield Avenue||Orange Park||Part of the Orange Park, Florida MPS|
|17||Orange Park Negro Elementary School||July 15, 1998
|440 McIntosh Avenue||Orange Park||Part of the Orange Park, Florida MPS|
|18||Princess Mound (8CL85)||March 2, 1990
|Address Restricted||Green Cove Springs|
|19||River Road Historic District||July 15, 1998
|Junction of River Road and Stiles Avenue||Orange Park||Part of the Orange Park, Florida MPS|
|20||St. Margaret's Episcopal Church and Cemetery||June 4, 1973
|6874 Old Church Road||Hibernia|
|21||St. Mary's Church||February 17, 1978
|St. Johns Avenue||Green Cove Springs|
|22||William Westcott House||July 15, 1998
|443 Stiles Avenue||Orange Park||Part of the Orange Park, Florida MPS|
|23||Winterbourne||February 23, 1996
|2104 Winterbourne West||Orange Park|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Clay County, Florida.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Florida
- Middleburg MPS
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Florida
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 7, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Historic house faces demolition, Caren Burmeister, Jacksonville Times-Union, April 19, 1999, accessed January 16, 2012