National Register of Historic Places listings in Clay County, Mississippi
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Clay County, Mississippi.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Clay County, Mississippi, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 27 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Dewitt Anderson House||August 31, 1990
|104 W. Broad St.||West Point|
|2||Brandtown Gin Historic District||November 15, 1991
|Mississippi Highway 47 at Brandtown, west of Prairie||Prairie|
|3||Brogan Mound and Village Site Discontiguous District||May 24, 1991
|Address Restricted||West Point|
|4||Clay County Agricultural High School||November 15, 1991
|Between Pheba Sts. Nos. 7 and 8, south of Mississippi Highway 50||Pheba|
|5||Colbert and Barton Townsites||June 20, 1977
|Western bank of the Tombigbee River, northeast of West Point (Colbert);|
on a bluff over the western bank of the Tombigbee River, northeast of West Point (Barton)
|6||Commerce Street Historic District||August 31, 1990
|508-731 Commerce St.||West Point|
|7||Court Street Historic District||August 12, 1982
|Court Street between Travis and E. Broad Streets||West Point|
|8||East Main Street Historic District||August 31, 1990
|510-1030 E. Main St.||West Point|
|9||Mary Holmes Junior College Historic District||November 15, 1991
|Mississippi Highway 50, west of its junction with U.S. Highway 45, W.W[clarification needed]||West Point|
|10||Charles R. Jordan House||November 15, 1991
|Tibbee-Columbus Rd., south of New Hope Church||West Point|
|11||Moses Jordan House||August 31, 1990
|940 E. Broad St.||West Point|
|12||Nathan Mathews House and Mathews Cotton Gin||November 15, 1991
|Mathews Gin Rd., north of Union Staff Church||West Point|
|13||Montpelier Historic District||November 15, 1991
|Junction of Mississippi Highways 46 and 389||Montpelier|
|14||Pheba Historic District||November 15, 1991
|Pheba St. No. 2, just west of Mississippi Highway 389||Pheba|
|15||Powell-Vail House||November 15, 1991
|Eastern side of Vail Rd., 1.2 miles north of Mississippi Highway 50||Pheba|
|16||South Division Street Historic District||August 31, 1990
|447-646 S. Division St.||West Point|
|17||Tibbee Bridge||November 16, 1988
|Spans Tibbee Creek on Old Tibbee Rd.||West Point|
|18||Tibbee School||November 15, 1991
|Tibbee-Columbus Rd., at Tibbee||West Point|
|19||Town of Palo Alto||August 20, 1987
|Mississippi Highway 47, northwest of West Point||Palo Alto|
|20||Turnage House||November 15, 1991
|Turnage Rd., northeast of Palestine Church||Montpelier|
|21||Una Consolidated School||November 15, 1991
|Una-Prairie Rd., east of Pleasant Grove Church||Prairie|
|22||Waide Archeological Site||July 27, 1999
|Address Restricted||Palo Alto|
|23||Waverley||September 20, 1973
|10 miles east of West Point||West Point|
|24||Waverly Bridge||March 20, 1989
|Spans the Tombigbee River on the Columbus and Greenville railroad line||Waverly||Extends into Lowndes County|
|25||West Point Central City Historic District||June 1, 1982
|Mississippi Highway 50||West Point|
|26||West Point School Historic District||August 31, 1990
|Roughly bounded by E. Westbrook, Calhoun, Travis and East Sts.||West Point|
|27||West Point Unified Historic District||December 1, 2009
|Roughly bounded by the rear property lines of resources along E. Main St. to the north, McCord St. to the west, and Forest St.|
Boundary increase (listed July 25, 2012, refnum 12000561): 117, 123, 133 West Broad St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Robert L. Cooper House||November 15, 1991|
|June 23, 2003||Mhoon Valley Rd., W of West Point||West Point|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Clay County, Mississippi.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Mississippi
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Mississippi
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 15, 2020.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Locations derived from the GNIS feature records for Colbert and Barton; the NRIS lists the sites as "Address Restricted"
- Location derived from its GNIS feature record; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"