National Register of Historic Places listings in Clinton County, Ohio
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Clinton County, Ohio.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Clinton County, Ohio, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 18 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Beam Farm Woodland Archeological District||March 22, 2006
|3983 Stone Rd., southwest of Sabina
|2||College Hall, Wilmington College||April 23, 1973
|East of College St. between Douglas St. and Fife Ave. on the Wilmington College campus
|3||Cowan Creek Circular Enclosure||July 15, 1974
|Southwest of Wilmington
|4||Doan House||June 20, 1979
|822 Fife Ave.
|5||Frank Haines House||April 1, 1982
|149 W. Elm St.
|6||Eli Harvey House||February 14, 1978
|1133 Lebanon Rd., north of Clarksville
|7||Hillside Haven Mound||November 21, 1978
|Thousand Trails Campground, 1786 State Route 380:14
|8||Hurley Mound||May 5, 1978
|East of McKay Rd. above the Anderson Fork, southwest of Lumberton:15
|9||Keiter Mound||October 21, 1975
|In woods west of McKay Rd., atop a bluff overlooking the Anderson Fork:15
|10||Lynchburg Covered Bridge||March 16, 1976
|East Fork of Little Miami River
||Lynchburg||Extends into Highland County|
|11||Main Building School||November 21, 1980
|12||Martinsville Road Covered Bridge||September 10, 1974
|West of Martinsville
|13||Pansy Methodist Church and School Historic District||March 20, 1973
|South of Clarksville on State Route 730
|14||Rombach Place||June 20, 1979
|149 E. Locust St.
|15||Silk City Diner #4655||August 10, 2005
|303 Washington St.
|16||South South Street Historic District||May 6, 1993
|151-515 S. South St.
|17||Underwood Farms Rural Historic District||January 11, 2006
|Vicinity of State Route 73 and Brimstone Rd.
|18||Wilmington Commercial Historic District||October 14, 1982
|Roughly bounded by Columbus, Walnut, Sugartree, and Mulberry Sts.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Smith Place School||November 25, 1980
|October 29, 1985||N. South St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Clinton County, Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 1, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from this Ohio Historical Society webpage; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"
- Koleszar, Stephen C. An Archaeological Survey of Southwestern Ohio. Columbus: Ohio Historical Society, 1970.