National Register of Historic Places listings in Cocke County, Tennessee
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Cocke County, Tennessee.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Cocke County, Tennessee, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|Anderson – Bedford – Benton – Bledsoe – Blount – Bradley – Campbell – Cannon – Carroll – Carter – Cheatham – Chester – Claiborne – Clay – Cocke – Coffee – Crockett – Cumberland – Davidson – Decatur – DeKalb – Dickson – Dyer – Fayette – Fentress – Franklin – Gibson – Giles – Grainger – Greene – Grundy – Hamblen – Hamilton – Hancock – Hardeman – Hardin – Hawkins – Haywood – Henderson – Henry – Hickman – Houston – Humphreys – Jackson – Jefferson – Johnson – Knox – Lake – Lauderdale – Lawrence – Lewis – Lincoln – Loudon – Macon – Madison – Marion – Marshall – Maury – McMinn – McNairy – Meigs – Monroe – Montgomery – Moore – Morgan – Obion – Overton – Perry – Pickett – Polk – Putnam – Rhea – Roane – Robertson – Rutherford – Scott – Sequatchie – Sevier – Shelby – Smith – Stewart – Sullivan – Sumner – Tipton – Trousdale – Unicoi – Union – Van Buren – Warren – Washington – Wayne – Weakley – White – Williamson – Wilson|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|North of Newport on Rankin Rd.
|2||Cocke County Courthouse||
|111 Court Ave.
|3||Cocke County Memorial Building||
|103 N. Cosby Highway
|Briar Thicket Rd./Knob Creek Rd. over the Nolichucky River
||Briar Thicket||Extends into Greene County|
|5||Walter C. Cureton House||
|202 Lincoln Ave.
|206 W. Riverview St.
|7||English Mountain Fire Lookout Tower||
|Carson Springs Rd.
|8||Leadvale Coaling Station and Cut-off||
|Rankin Bottoms Wildlife Management Area
||Newport||Locally known as the "Rankin Coal Tipple"; includes two miles of abandoned Southern Railway lines, together with a bridge abutment and coal tipple|
|3301 Sable Rd.
|Northeast of Newport on the Greeneville Highway
|335 East Broadway
|East of Parrottsville on Old Parrottsville Highway
|4.5 miles south of Newport off Hartford Rd.
|Main St. (Greeneville Highway)
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||NW of Newport on Old Rankin Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Cocke County, Tennessee.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Tennessee
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Tennessee
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 13, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Three Tennessee Sites Added to the National Register of Historic Places, Tennessee Historical Commission, 2015-01-05. Accessed 2016-02-28.
- Rankin Coal Tipple among nominees for National Register of Historic Places, Newport Plain Talk, 2014-09-05. Accessed 2016-05-05.