National Register of Historic Places listings in Colfax County, Nebraska
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Colfax County, Nebraska.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Colfax County, Nebraska, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Colfax County Courthouse||September 3, 1981
|Off Nebraska Highway 15
|2||John Janecek House||July 15, 1982
|805 E. 8th St.
|3||Oak Ballroom||February 1, 1983
|4||Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church & Cemetery||November 12, 1982
|Southern side of Road N, 9 miles north and 5.5 miles west of Schuyler
|5||Schuyler Carnegie Library||November 29, 2001
|1003 B St.
|6||Schuyler City Hall||September 3, 1981
|1020 A St.
|7||Schuyler Downtown Historic District||July 22, 2016
|Railside Dr., Colfax, 12th, C, D & 10th Sts.
|8||Schuyler Site||August 14, 1973
|9||US Post Office-Schuyler||May 11, 1992
|119 E. 11th St.
||Schuyler||One of 12 Nebraska post offices featuring a Section of Fine Arts mural, "Wild Horses by Moonlight" (1940) by Philip von Saltza.|
|10||Wolfe Archeological Site||July 30, 1974
|11||Z.C.B.J. Opera House||September 28, 1988
|Fourth and Pine
|12||Zion Presbyterian Church||January 7, 1988
|5 miles southeast of Clarkson off Nebraska Highway 15
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Nebraska
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Nebraska
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 5, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from its NRHP nomination form; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"
- Ahlgren, Carol (August 1991). "National Register of Historic Places Multiple Property Documentation Form: Nebraska Post Offices Which Contain Section Artwork (1938-1942)" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-01-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Colfax County, Nebraska.|
- Nebraska National Register Sites in Colfax County–Nebraska State Historical Society