National Register of Historic Places listings in Colleton County, South Carolina
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Colleton County, South Carolina.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Colleton County, South Carolina, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 11 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Colleton County Courthouse||May 14, 1971
|Corner of Hampton and Jeffries Sts.||Walterboro|
|2||Hickory Valley Historic District||November 21, 1980
|Roughly bounded by Ireland Creek, Jeffries Boulevard, and Wichman, Verdier, and Ivanhoe Sts.||Walterboro|
|3||Hotel Albert Commercial Block||March 25, 1999
|529, 539, and 545 E. Washington St.||Walterboro|
|4||Old Colleton County Jail||May 14, 1971
|5||Pon Pon Chapel||January 5, 1972
|Northwest of Jacksonboro on Parker's Ferry Rd.||Jacksonboro|
|6||Ravenwood Plantation||May 1, 1997
|South Carolina Highway 64, 0.9 miles east of South Carolina Highway 458||Neyles|
|7||St. James the Greater Catholic Mission||September 29, 2015
|3087 Ritter Rd.||Walterboro|
|8||Spanish Mount Point||August 30, 1974
|Edisto Beach State Park||Edisto Island|
|9||Walterboro Historic District||November 10, 1980
|Roughly bounded by Jeffries Boulevard and Sanders, Black, Church, Valley, and Lemacks Sts.; also 807 Hampton St.||Walterboro||807 Hampton represents a boundary increase of June 3, 1993|
|10||Walterboro Library Society Building||October 14, 1971
|801 Wichman St.||Walterboro|
|11||Tom Williams House||April 26, 1973
|0.25 miles west of Williams on South Carolina Highway 362||Williams|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Colleton County, South Carolina.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in South Carolina
- National Register of Historic Places listings in South Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on February 15, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Things to Do at Edisto Beach State Park". South Carolina Parks. Retrieved 2013-01-13.