National Register of Historic Places listings in Cumberland County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Cumberland County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Cumberland County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 16 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Ampthill||April 13, 1972
|Western side of Ampthill Rd., 3 miles (4.8 km) north of the junction with State Route 45||Cartersville|
|2||Bear Creek Lake State Park||October 31, 2012
|22 Bear Creek Lake Rd.||Cumberland|
|3||Cartersville Bridge||September 14, 1972
|State Route 45 over James River||Cartersville||Extends into Goochland County|
|4||Cartersville Historic District||June 10, 1993
|Roughly bounded by State Route 45, High St., and Church Rd.||Cartersville|
|5||Clifton||June 19, 1973
|North of Hamilton off Columbia Rd.||Hamilton|
|6||Cumberland County Courthouse||September 30, 1994
|Northern side of U.S. Route 60 at its junction with Stoney Point Rd.||Cumberland|
|7||Cumberland Court House Historic District||August 16, 2007
|U.S. Route 60 at its junction with Stoney Point Rd.||Cumberland|
|8||Grace Church||October 30, 1980
|West of Cumberland on Caira Rd.||Ca Ira|
|9||Hamilton High School||October 31, 2007
|1925 Cartersville Rd.||Cartersville|
|10||High Bridge||September 12, 2008
|Appomattox River||Farmville||Extends into Prince Edward County|
|11||Morven||December 28, 1990
|State Route 45, 0.5 miles (0.80 km) south of Cartersville||Cartersville|
|12||Muddy Creek Mill||October 9, 1974
|South of Cartersville off Cartersville Rd.||Tamworth|
|13||Needham||November 10, 1988
|State Route 45, 1.4 miles (2.3 km) north of the junction with U.S. Route 460||Farmville|
|14||Oak Hill||July 27, 2005
|181 Oak Hill Rd.||Cumberland|
|15||Charles Irving Thornton Tombstone||November 25, 1980
|West of Cumberland, off Oak Hill Forest Rd.||Cumberland|
|16||Trenton||July 27, 2005
|751 Oak Hill Rd.||Cumberland|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Cumberland County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 13, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.