National Register of Historic Places listings in DeKalb County, Alabama
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in DeKalb County, Alabama.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in DeKalb County, Alabama, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Alabama Builders' Hardware Manufacturing Company||May 8, 1986
|204 8th St., NE.; also 203 8th St., NE.||Fort Payne||203 8th represents a boundary increase of October 13, 1992, the Alabama Builder's Hardware Manufacturing Company Complex|
|2||Alabama Great Southern Railroad Passenger Depot||September 10, 1971
|NE 5th St.||Fort Payne|
|3||Cherokee Plantation||November 29, 1984
|100 Cherokee Dr., NE.||Fort Payne|
|4||Collinsville Historic District||March 29, 2006
|Valley Ave., Main St. and Grand Ave.||Collinsville|
|5||Fort Payne Boom Town Historic District||April 21, 1989
|Roughly Gault St. from 4th St., NE. to 6th St., NE.||Fort Payne|
|6||Fort Payne Main Street Historic District||April 21, 1989
|Roughly Gault Ave. from 2nd St., NE. to 2nd St., NW.||Fort Payne|
|7||Fort Payne Opera House||April 28, 1970
|510 Gault Ave., N.||Fort Payne|
|8||Fort Payne Residential Historic District||May 4, 1988
|Roughly bounded by Forrest Ave. and Elm St., 5th St. NW., Grand and Alabama Aves., and 4th St., SW. and 2nd St., SW.||Fort Payne|
|9||Dr. J.A. Gorman House||February 16, 1996
|10||Vance C. Larmore House||March 23, 2004
|810 County Road 606||Hammondville|
|11||Mentone Springs Hotel||October 20, 1983
|State Route 117||Mentone||Destroyed by fire in March 2014.|
|12||Winston Place||March 19, 1987
|Off State Route 117||Valley Head|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in DeKalb County, Alabama.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Alabama
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Alabama
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on September 14, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Berry, Lucy (March 2, 2014). "Owners, residents mourn 130-year-old Mentone Springs Hotel, antique mall lost in massive fire". The Huntsville Times. Archived from the original on March 13, 2014. Retrieved March 13, 2014.