National Register of Historic Places listings in Del Norte County, California
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Del Norte County, California.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Del Norte County, California, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||BROTHER JONATHAN (Shipwreck Site)||
|About 4.5 miles (7.2 km) west of Point St. George
|2||Crescent City Lighthouse||
|A St., Battery Point Island
||Crescent City||Also known as Battery Point Light|
|3||Endert's Beach Archeological Sites||
|4||Gasquet Ranger Station Historic District||
|10600 CA 199
|5||Mus-yeh-sait-neh Village and Cultural Landscape Property||
|6||O'Men Village Site||
||Redwood National Park|
|Historic channel of Osgood Ditch
||Siskiyou National Forest||Extends into Josephine County, Oregon|
|9||Point St. George Site||
|10||Radar Station B-71||
|W of Klamath
|W of Klamath
||Klamath||The segment of present-day U.S. Route 101 through Redwood National and State Parks|
|12||St. George Reef Light Station||
|NW Seal Rock, approximately 6 nautical mi. off coast from Point St. George
|Historic channel of Logan/Esterly Upper Ditch
||Siskiyou National Forest||Extends into Josephine County, Oregon. This ditch, built in 1854 to supply water from the East Fork Illinois River to several hydraulic mines, quickly returned a large profit to its investors. The ditch supplied mines worked by its own owners, as well as providing water for sale to other nearby diggings. It continued in operation until 1942, when the last hydraulic mining operations in the upper Illinois Valley ceased.|
|14||Yontocket Historic District||
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Del Norte County, California.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in California
- National Register of Historic Places listings in California
- California Historical Landmarks in Del Norte County, California
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Atwood, Katherine C.; Tonsfeldt, Ward (August 17, 2000), National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Upper Ditch (PDF), retrieved April 21, 2014.