National Register of Historic Places listings in Del Norte County, California
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Del Norte County, California.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Del Norte County, California, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||BROTHER JONATHAN (Shipwreck Site)||May 21, 2002
|About 4.5 miles (7.2 km) west of Point St. George||Crescent City|
|2||Crescent City Lighthouse||September 15, 1983
|A St., Battery Point Island||Crescent City||Also known as Battery Point Light|
|3||Endert's Beach Archeological Sites||June 30, 1977
|Address Restricted||Crescent City|
|4||Gasquet Ranger Station Historic District||March 26, 1998
|10600 CA 199||Gasquet|
|5||Mus-yeh-sait-neh Village and Cultural Landscape Property||October 25, 1993
|6||O'Men Village Site||June 30, 1977
|7||Old Requa||December 16, 1974
|Address Restricted||Redwood National Park|
|8||Osgood Ditch||October 4, 2001
|Historic channel of Osgood Ditch||Siskiyou National Forest||Extends into Josephine County, Oregon|
|9||Point St. George Site||May 17, 1976
|Address Restricted||Crescent City|
|10||Radar Station B-71||April 19, 1978
|W of Klamath||Klamath|
|11||Redwood Highway||December 17, 1979
|West of Klamath||Klamath vicinity||This segment of U.S. 101 in Redwood National and State Parks was abandoned in the 1930s, around a decade after it was opened. Because of its early abandonment, it has preserved evidence of the road construction techniques of the 1920s without subsequent modification. It was part of the first state highway in Humboldt and Del Norte counties, which transformed transportation and the economy in the region.|
|12||St. George Reef Light Station||December 9, 1993
|NW Seal Rock, approximately 6 nautical mi. off coast from Point St. George||Crescent City|
|13||Upper Ditch||October 4, 2001
|Historic channel of Logan/Esterly Upper Ditch||Siskiyou National Forest||Extends into Josephine County, Oregon. This ditch, built in 1854 to supply water from the East Fork Illinois River to several hydraulic mines, quickly returned a large profit to its investors. The ditch supplied mines worked by its own owners, as well as providing water for sale to other nearby diggings. It continued in operation until 1942, when the last hydraulic mining operations in the upper Illinois Valley ceased.|
|14||Yontocket Historic District||December 18, 1973
|Address Restricted||Fort Dick|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Del Norte County, California.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in California
- National Register of Historic Places listings in California
- California Historical Landmarks in Del Norte County, California
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 20, 2020.
- Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Delgado, James; Chappell, Gordon (June 30, 1978), National Register of Historic Places Inventory — Nomination Form for Federal Properties: Redwood Highway (California State Highway #1) (PDF), retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Atwood, Katherine C.; Tonsfeldt, Ward (August 17, 2000), National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Upper Ditch (PDF), retrieved April 21, 2014.