National Register of Historic Places listings in Desha County, Arkansas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Desha County, Arkansas.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Desha County, Arkansas, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 25 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Arkansas City Commercial District||February 18, 1999
|Roughly along the junction of Desoto Ave. and Sprague St.||Arkansas City|
|2||Arkansas City High School||October 4, 1984
|Robert S. Moore and President Sts.||Arkansas City|
|3||Desha County Courthouse||July 12, 1976
|Robert S. Moore Ave.||Arkansas City|
|4||Dickinson-Moore House||February 1, 2011
|707 Robert S. Moore Ave.||Arkansas City|
|5||Dumas Commercial Historic District||May 22, 2007
|S. Main St. between Choctaw and Waterman Sts.||Dumas|
|6||Hubert & Ionia Furr House||February 4, 2011
|702 Desoto Ave.||Arkansas City|
|7||Kemp Cotton Gin Historic District||June 1, 2005
|County Road 227 west of Highway 1||Rohwer|
|8||Jay Lewis House||January 20, 2005
|12 Fairview Dr.||McGehee|
|9||McGehee City Jail||January 21, 2011
|Southwest corner of S. First St. and Pine St.||McGehee|
|10||McGehee National Guard Armory||May 31, 2006
|1610 S. 1st St.||McGehee|
|11||McGehee Post Office||January 19, 2010
|201 N. Second St.||McGehee|
|12||McKennon-Shea House||June 8, 1993
|206 Waterman St.||Dumas|
|13||Merchants & Farmers Bank||December 22, 1982
|Waterman and Main Sts.||Dumas|
|14||Missouri Pacific Railroad Depot-McGehee||June 11, 1992
|15||Missouri Pacific Railway Van Noy Eating House||January 24, 2011
|Southeast of the Seamans Dr. and Railroad St. intersection||McGehee|
|16||Mound Cemetery||January 24, 2008
|0.5 miles north of Arkansas City on County Road 351||Arkansas City|
|17||Parnell-Sharpe House||September 28, 1989
|302 N. 2nd St.||McGehee|
|18||R.A. Pickens II House||May 29, 2019
|1 Pickens Pl.||Pickens|
|19||Xenophon Overton Pindall Law Office||May 10, 1999
|Junction of Capitol and Kate Adams Sts.||Arkansas City|
|20||Rohwer Relocation Center Memorial Cemetery||July 6, 1992
|21||Rohwer Relocation Center Site||July 30, 1974
|22||Temple Meir Chayim||April 22, 1999
|Junction of 4th and Holly Sts.||McGehee|
|23||Thane House||December 22, 1982
|Levy and 1st Sts.||Arkansas City|
|24||Trippe Holly Grove Cemetery||June 25, 1999
|Highway 4 or Crooked Bayou Rd., approximately 2 miles south of McGehee||McGehee|
|25||Dr. J.D. Watts House||December 9, 1994
|205 W. Choctaw||Dumas|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Desha County, Arkansas.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Arkansas
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Arkansas
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 8, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.