National Register of Historic Places listings in Dukes County, Massachusetts
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Dukes County, Massachusetts.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Dukes County, Massachusetts, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 22 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, which include one National Historic Landmark and one National Historic Landmark District (Wesleyan Grove, which is listed twice in the register under different names).
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|31 Circuit Ave.
||Oak Bluffs||Incorrectly listed on National Register at 134 Circuit Ave.|
|451 South Rd.
|3||Cape Poge Light||
|4||East Chop Light||
|5||Edgartown Harbor Light||
|Off N. Water St.
|6||Edgartown Village Historic District||
|Bounded by Water St. (North and South) and Pease's Point Way(North and South)
|33 Oak Bluffs Ave.
||Oak Bluffs||National Historic Landmark|
|8||Gay Head-Aquinnah Town Center Historic District||
|South Rd. and Church St.
||Aquinnah||Municipal and ecclesiastical buildings in Aquinnah's historic town center.|
|9||Gay Head-Aquinnah Light||
||Aquinnah||1856 lighthouse, near site of oldest (1799) lighthouse on Martha's Vineyard.|
|10||Polly Hill Arboretum Historic District||
|795-833 State Rd.
|11||Martha's Vineyard Campground||
|Roughly bounded by Cottage Park, Quequechan, Clinton, Dukes, County, Siloam, Lake, and Central Aves.
||Oak Bluffs||Duplicate of Wesleyan Grove|
|Edgartown-West Tisbury Rd.
|14||Tarpaulin Cove Light||
|15||Tashmoo Springs Pumping Station||
|325 W. Spring St.
|16||Dr. Harrison A. Tucker Cottage||
|61 Ocean Ave.
|Bounded by Circuit, Kennebec, and Narragansett Aves. and Grove St.
|18||Edwin DeVries Vanderhoop Homestead||
|35 South Rd.
||Aquinnah||A 19th century Wampanoag homestead, now home to the Aquinnah Cultural Center.|
||Oak Bluffs||Duplicate of Martha's Vineyard Campground|
|20||West Chop Club Historic District||
|21||West Chop Light Station||
|W. Chop Rd.
|22||William Street Historic District||
|Williams St. from Wood Lawn Ave. to 24 Williams St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Dukes County, Massachusetts.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Massachusetts
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Massachusetts
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 13, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- MACRIS entry for The Arcade
- "Weekly list of actions taken on properties: 2/25/13 through 3/01/13". National Park Service. March 8, 2013. Retrieved March 14, 2013.