National Register of Historic Places listings in East Carroll Parish, Louisiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in East Carroll Parish, Louisiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties on the National Register of Historic Places in East Carroll Parish, Louisiana, United States. The locations of National Register properties for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 7 properties listed on the National Register in the parish. One property was once listed, but has since been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Arlington Plantation||October 3, 1980
|Along Schneider Lane, about 0.81 miles (1.30 km) north of Lake Providence||Lake Providence||Part (resource #3) of Lake Providence MRA.|
|2||Byerley House||November 13, 1991
|600 Lake Street||Lake Providence|
|3||Fischer House||January 11, 1980
|Harding Street||Lake Providence||Also part (resource #4) of Lake Providence MRA.|
|4||Lake Providence Commercial Historic District||December 6, 1979
|Lake Street, Levee Street, and Scarborough Street||Lake Providence||Also part (resource #1) of Lake Providence MRA.|
|5||Lake Providence Residential Historic District||October 3, 1980
|Lake Street and Davis Street||Lake Providence||Part (resource #2) of Lake Providence MRA.|
|6||Nelson House||October 3, 1980
|407 Davis St.||Lake Providence||Part (resource #5) of Lake Providence MRA. No more standing.|
|7||Old Courthouse Square||October 3, 1980
|Bounded by 1st Street, Hood Street, 2nd Street and Davis Street||Lake Providence||Part (resource #6) of Lake Providence MRA.|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Buckmeadow Plantation House||September 15, 1983|
|December 28, 2015||Along LA 2, about 1 mile (1.6 km) west of its junction with US 65||Lake Providence||Delisted on December 28, 2015 as the land owner demolished the whole area over the summer of 2015.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in East Carroll Parish, Louisiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Louisiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Louisiana
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- https://www.nps.gov/subjects/nationalregister/weekly-list.htm "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions"]. National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 4, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- East Carroll Parish Historical Society in cooperation with Louisiana Division of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (April 1980). "National Register of Historic Places Multiple Property Documentation: Historic Resources of Lake Providence". National Park Service. Retrieved May 16, 2018.
- "National Register of Historic Places Evaluation/Return Sheet - Removal: Buckmeadow Plantation House" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved May 17, 2018.