National Register of Historic Places listings in Elk County, Pennsylvania
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Elk County, Pennsylvania.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Elk County, Pennsylvania, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||Municipality||Description|
|1||Bonifels||December 14, 1978
|West of Ridgway off Laurel Mill Road||Ridgway Township|
|2||Decker's Chapel||November 12, 1998
|Junction of Earth Road and Pennsylvania Route 255||St. Marys|
|3||O.B. Grant House||April 5, 2004
|610 West Main Street||Ridgway|
|4||Irwintown Site||September 25, 2012
|Northern bank of the Clarion River, above Hallton||Spring Creek Township|
|5||Johnsonburg Commercial Historic District||October 28, 1999
|Roughly along Center, Bridge, and Market Streets||Johnsonburg|
|6||Lake City School||June 10, 2008
|27586 Lake City Road in Lake City||Spring Creek Township|
|7||Loleta Recreation Area||November 24, 2015
|Along Legislative Route 3002 near its junction with Millstone Rd.||Millstone Township||Nomination form|
|8||Ridgway Armory||December 22, 1989
|72 North Broad Street||Ridgway|
|9||Ridgway Historic District||January 22, 2003
|Roughly bounded by the borough limits, the Clarion River, Erie Alley, and Gallagher Run||Ridgway|
|10||St. Marys Historic District||November 25, 1998
|Roughly bounded by Walburga, St. Michael, Fourth, John, and Mill Streets||St. Marys|
|11||Swedish Lutheran Parsonage||February 24, 2005
|230 Kane Street in Wilcox||Jones Township|
|12||John E. Weidenboerner House||July 24, 1992
|North St. Michael Street||St. Marys|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Elk County, Pennsylvania.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Pennsylvania
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Pennsylvania
- List of Pennsylvania state historical markers in Elk County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 10, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Clarion River Water Trail Map and Guide, Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, 2004-04. Accessed 2012-11-06.
- Hinkel, Amanda. "Loleta Recreation Area" (PDF). phmc.pa.gov. PHMC. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 January 2016. Retrieved 27 January 2016.