National Register of Historic Places listings in Emery County, Utah
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Emery County, Utah.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Emery County, Utah, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Black Dragon Canyon Pictographs||September 4, 1980
|2||Buckhorn Wash Rock Art Sites||August 1, 1980
|3||Castle Dale High School Shop||April 1, 1985
|300 N. Center St.
|4||Castle Dale School||September 6, 1978
|65 E. 100 North
||Castle Dale||Now houses the Castle Dale City Hall and the Emery County Pioneer Museum|
|5||Paul C. Christensen House||December 2, 1980
|15 E. 100 North
|6||Denver and Rio Grande Lime Kiln||August 26, 1980
|Southeast of Cleveland, along County Rd. 335 south of Cedar Mountain
|7||Desolation Canyon||November 24, 1968
|Along the Green River in northeastern Emery County between Ouray and Green River
||Green River||Split between Emery, Grand, Carbon, and Uintah counties|
|8||Emery LDS Church||February 22, 1980
|Off State Route 10
|9||Ferron Box Pictographs and Petroglyphs||July 11, 1980
|10||Ferron Presbyterian Church and Cottage||September 6, 1978
|Mill Rd. and 3rd West
|11||Green River Presbyterian Church||January 5, 1989
|134 W. 3rd Ave.
|12||Huntington Roller Mill and Miller's House||September 27, 1979
|400 North and 550 West Sts.
|13||Huntington Tithing Granary||January 25, 1985
|45 W. 300 North, rear
|14||Peter Johansen House||March 19, 1980
|830 N. Center St.
|15||Lars Peter Larson House||February 13, 1980
|210 E. 100 South
|16||Leander Lemmon House||September 12, 2002
|45 W. Center St.
|17||Rochester-Muddy Creek Petroglyph Site||June 26, 1975
|18||San Rafael Bridge||June 3, 1996
|County Road 3-32 over the San Rafael River, approximately 23 miles (37 km) southeast of Castle Dale
|19||Justus Wellington Seeley II House||November 15, 1979
|Center and 100 South Sts.
|20||Samuel Singleton House||November 8, 1979
|South of Ferron on State Route 10
|21||Temple Mountain Wash Pictographs||March 15, 1976
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 1, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location and coordinates derived from its GNIS entry; the NRIS lists the site as "Address unknown"
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Emery County, Utah at Wikimedia Commons