National Register of Historic Places listings in Essex County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Essex County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Essex County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 16 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Blandfield||November 12, 1969
|North of the junction of U.S. Route 17 and Essex Church Rd.
|2||Brooke's Bank||September 28, 1971
|1 mile (1.6 km) east of Loretto and 1.4 miles (2.3 km) north of U.S. Route 17
|3||Cherry Walk||February 10, 1983
|South of Dunbrooke on Dunbrooke Rd.
|4||Edenetta||November 22, 2016
|6514 Tidewater Trail
|5||Elmwood||September 15, 1970
|West of the junction of U.S. Route 17 and Clarke's Store Rd.
|6||Glebe House of St. Anne's Parish||March 3, 1975
|2.5 miles (4.0 km) northeast of Champlain on the northern bank of Farmers Hall Creek
|7||Glencairn||May 14, 1979
|North of Chance off U.S. Route 17
|8||Linden||October 15, 1992
|Southwestern side of U.S. Route 17, 0.5 miles (0.80 km) south of Champlain
|9||Millers Tavern Rural Historic District||June 5, 2017
|Roughly bounded by U.S. Route 360 and Howerton, Dunbrooke, Latanes Mill, and Midway Rds.
||Millers Tavern||Extends into King and Queen County|
|10||Monte Verde||May 30, 2002
|405 Monte Verde Rd.
|11||Port Micou||February 6, 1992
|Marlbank Rd. at the Rappahannock River
|12||St. Matthew's Church||January 16, 2004
|Junction of U.S. Route 17 with Daingerfield Landing and St. Matthews Church Rds.
|13||Tappahannock Historic District||April 2, 1973
|Roughly bounded by Queen St., Church Lane, the Rappahannock River, and the grounds of St. Margaret's School
|14||Vauter's Church||December 5, 1972
|1 mile (1.6 km) northwest of Loretto on U.S. Route 17
|15||Wheatland||December 19, 1990
|Wheatland Rd. between U.S. Route 17 and the Rappahannock River
|16||Woodlawn||July 16, 1980
|Northeast of Miller's Tavern
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Essex County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 1, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.