National Register of Historic Places listings in Florence County, South Carolina
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Florence County, South Carolina.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Florence County, South Carolina, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 23 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||W.T. Askins House||
|178 S. Acline Ave.
|Eastern end of Rogers Court
|1439 Cherokee Rd.
|South Carolina Highway 341
|5||Christ Episcopal Church||
|Northeast of Florence on South Carolina Highway 327
|5109 Old River Rd.
|7||Florence Downtown Historic District||
|Portions of W. Evans, N. Dargan St., and S. Dargan St. and 124-201 W. Evans St.,
|8||Florence National Cemetery||
|803 E. National Cemetery Rd.
|9||Florence Public Library||
|319 S. Irby St.
|10||Gregg-Wallace Farm Tenant House||
|310 Price Rd.
|11||Hopewell Presbyterian Church and Hopewell Cemetery||
|5314 Old River Rd.
|12||Lake City Downtown Historic District||
|Main St. and Acline Ave.
|13||Mt. Zion Rosenwald School||
|5040 Liberty Chapel Rd.
|14||Poynor Junior High School||
|301 S. Dargan St.
|6 miles northeast of Florence off South Carolina Highway 305
|East of Florence on South Carolina Highway 327
|3636 Williston Rd.
|18||Slave Houses, Gregg Plantation||
|Francis Marion College campus
|106 W. Market St.
|Along the Pee Dee River, east of Johnsonville
||Johnsonville||A National Historic Landmark|
|22||U.S. Post Office||
|Irby and W. Evan Sts.
|West of Florence on U.S. Route 76
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Dr. Benjamin Gregg House||
||315 S. Coit St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Florence County, South Carolina.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in South Carolina
- National Register of Historic Places listings in South Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 24, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from its GNIS feature record; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"