National Register of Historic Places listings in Floyd County, Kentucky
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Floyd County, Kentucky.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Floyd County, Kentucky, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 15 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county; 1 of these is a National Historic Landmark. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||G.D. Callihan House||May 18, 1989
|105 W. Graham St.
|2||B.F. Combs House||May 18, 1989
|41 N. Arnold Ave.
|3||Fitzpatrick-Harmon House||May 18, 1989
|102 E. Court St.
|4||Front Street Historic District||May 18, 1989
|Roughly Front St. between W. Court St. and Ford St.
|5||Harkins Law Office Building||May 18, 1989
|1 S. Arnold Ave.
|6||Joseph D. Harkins House||May 18, 1989
|204 N. Arnold Ave.
|7||Samuel May House||April 1, 1980
|690 N. Lake Dr.
|8||May-Fitzpatrick House||May 18, 1989
|39 S. Arnold Ave.
|9||May-Latta House||May 18, 1989
|33 N. Arnold Ave.
|10||Methodist Episcopal Church, South||May 18, 1989
|S. Arnold Ave. between Ford St. and W. Graham St.
||Prestonsburg||Part of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South|
|11||Middle Creek Battlefield||March 26, 1992
|3 miles west of Prestonsburg at the junction of Kentucky Routes 114 and 404
|12||Town Branch Bridge||May 18, 1989
|County Road 1334 over Levisa Fork
|13||US Post Office-Prestonsburg||May 18, 1989
|Central Ave. and E. Court St.
|14||West Prestonsburg Bridge||May 18, 1989
|Over Levisa Fork between Prestonsburg and West Prestonsburg
|15||Wheelwright Commercial District||November 19, 1980
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Garfield Place||December 4, 1974
|February 3, 1988||2nd Ave.
||Prestonsburg||aka Garfield Headquarters, John M. Burns House|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Floyd County, Kentucky.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kentucky
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kentucky
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 1, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.