National Register of Historic Places listings in Fluvanna County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Fluvanna County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Fluvanna County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 18 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bremo Plantation||November 12, 1969
|West of Bremo Bluff off U.S. Route 15
|2||Bremo Slave Chapel||March 17, 1980
|North of Bremo Bluff
|3||Fluvanna County Courthouse Historic District||September 22, 1971
|Roughly bounded by Courthouse Rd., U.S. Route 15, and the Rivanna River
|4||Glen Arvon||May 28, 1976
|East of Bremo Bluff near the junction of Bremo and Bottom Rds.
|5||Glen Burnie||August 2, 2000
|U.S. Route 15, 0.25 miles (0.40 km) north of Palmyra
|6||Gum Creek||October 22, 2003
|1317 Stage Junction Rd.
|7||Laughton||April 1, 2002
|8||Melrose||August 14, 2000
|Shores Rd., southwest of its junction with Mountain Hill Rd.
|9||The Oaks||July 13, 2001
|5025 Tabscott Rd.
|10||Pleasant Grove||August 12, 2004
|State Route 53
|11||Point of Fork Arsenal||October 1, 1969
|Point of Fork
|12||Point of Fork Plantation||August 13, 1974
|West of Columbia off Point of Fork Rd.
|13||Rivanna Farm||February 16, 2001
|Bremo Farms Ln.
|14||Scottsville Historic District||July 30, 1976
|State Route 6
||Scottsville||Extends into Albemarle County|
|15||Seay's Chapel Methodist Church||August 22, 2012
|4916 Shores Rd.
|16||Seven Islands Archeological and Historic District||July 3, 1991
||Arvonia||Extends into Buckingham County|
|17||Union Mills Canal Outlet Locks #1 and #2||October 14, 1999
|18||Western View||April 1, 2002
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Fluvanna County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 1, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Loth, Calder. The Virginia Landmarks Register. 4th ed. Charlottesville: U of Virginia P, 1999, 171.