National Register of Historic Places listings in Franklin County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Franklin County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Franklin County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Brookville Historic District||
|Bounded by the east and west forks of the Whitewater River and State Road 101
|2||Cedar Grove Bridge||
|Old State Road 1 over the Whitewater River
||Cedar Grove and Highland Township|
|3||Duck Creek Aqueduct||
|Spanning Duck Creek at the Whitewater Canal
|4||Franklin County Seminary||
|412 5th St.
|650 E. 8th St.
|6||Little Cedar Grove Baptist Church||
|U.S. Route 52 at Little Cedar Rd., southeast of Brookville
|7||Metamora Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by U.S. Route 52, Columbia St., the Whitewater Canal, Duck Creek, Mount St., and Main St., at Metamora
|8||Oldenburg Historic District||
|Bounded roughly by Sycamore, church land woods, Indiana and Water Sts., and Gehring Farm
||Oldenburg and Ray Township|
|9||Old Franklin United Brethren Church||
|Junction of Franklin Church Rd. and State Road 101, 0.5 miles north of Fox Run Rd. and northeast of Brookville
|10||Joseph Shafer Farm||
|Northeast of Brookville on Flinn Road
|11||Snow Hill Covered Bridge||
|Snow Hill Rd. over Johnson Fork, north of Rockdale
|12||Stockheughter Covered Bridge||
|27046 Enochsburg Rd., northwest of Batesville
|13||Salmon Turrell Farmstead||
|3051 Snow Hill Rd., northwest of West Harrison
|14||Whitewater Canal Historic District||
|From the Laurel Feeder Dam to Brookville
||Brookville and Brookville, Laurel, and Metamora Townships|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Franklin County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Franklin County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.