National Register of Historic Places listings in Franklin County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Franklin County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Franklin County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 24 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|215 Bleak Hill Ln.
|2||Boones Mill Historic District||
|U.S. Route 220, Maggodee Ln., Bethlehem, Dogwood Hill, and Boones Mill Rds., and Boon, Easy, and Church Hill Sts.
|130 Lovelace Ln.
|1605 Cahas Mountain Rd.
|Truevine Rd. north of Snow Creek Rd.
|600 Jacks Mountain Rd.
|7||Cahas Mountain Rural Historic District||
|From the peak of Cahas Mountain to near the Roanoke County line, near the junction of U.S. Route 220 and Naff Rd.
|8||Gwin Dudley Home Site||
|Twin Chimneys Dr.
|9||Jubal A. Early House||
|Northwest of the junction of State Route 116 and Boones Mill Rd.
|536 Coles Creek Rd.
|12||Ferrum College Historic District||
|215 Ferrum Mountain Rd.
|0.75 miles (1.21 km) north of the junction of Sutton Hollow and Snow Creek Rds.
|206 E. Court St.
|13508 State Route 122
|Junction of State Route 122 and Dovetail Rd.
|17||Otter Creek Archaeological Site (44FR31)||
|18||Piedmont Mill Historic District||
|1709 Alean Rd.
|19||Rocky Mount Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Franklin and Maynor Sts., Floyd Ave., E. Court St., and Maple Ave.; also Orchard Ave. between E. Court and Patterson Sts.
||Rocky Mount||Orchard Ave. represents a boundary increase of May 15, 2008|
|20||Snow Creek Anglican Church||
|436 Old Chapel Rd.
|21||Booker T. Washington National Monument||
|15 miles (24 km) east of Rocky Mount on State Route 122
|22||Washington Iron Furnace||
|108 Old Furnace Rd.
|Northern side of State Route 122 2 miles (3.2 km) northeast of its junction with State Route 116
|118 Maple St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Franklin County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Division of Historic Landmarks Staff. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Rockbridge Alum Springs Historic District. National Park Service, 1987, 26.