National Register of Historic Places listings in Fulton County, Illinois
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Fulton County, Illinois.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Fulton County, Illinois, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 43 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was formerly listed but has been destroyed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Babylon Bend Bridge||October 29, 1980
|Illinois Route 123
|2||Bernadotte Bridge||October 29, 1980
|Illinois Route 2
|3||Buckeye Bridge||October 29, 1980
|Spans Spoon River
||Smithfield||Replaced in 1994|
|4||Carithers Store Building||August 3, 1987
|Table Grove village square, west of U.S. Route 136
|5||Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad Station||August 31, 1993
|Along 4th Ave. between E. Elm St. and E. Chestnut St.
|6||Edith Chipman House||November 7, 1996
|201 W. 3rd St.
|7||Dickson Mounds||May 5, 1972
|Off County Road 4
|8||Robert Dilworth House||November 12, 1993
|606 E. 5th St.
|9||Duncan Mills Bridge||October 29, 1980
|West of Havana
|10||William Franklin and Rebecca Durell House||November 7, 1996
|408 W. 5th St.
|11||Duvall-Ash Farmstead||November 12, 1993
|Off Illinois Route 9, 1 mile east and 1.2 miles north of its junction with Illinois Route 97
|12||East Waterford School||November 10, 2009
|Junction of North Dickson Mounds Rd. and East Prairie Rd.
|13||Edward Hamer House||November 7, 1996
|200 W. 2nd St.
|14||Patterson Hamer House||November 7, 1996
|405 W. 5th St.
|15||William Hoopes House||November 7, 1996
|204 N. Liberty St.
|16||Lucinda Hunter House||November 7, 1996
|101 E. 8th St.
|17||Indian Ford Bridge||October 29, 1980
|Illinois Route 20
||London Mills||Now demolished.|
|18||Larson Site||November 21, 1978
|Waterford Rd. north of the Waterford Cemetery
|19||London Mills Bridge||October 29, 1980
|Illinois Route 39
||London Mills||Now demolished.|
|20||Charles Emmor McCormick House||November 7, 1996
|712 W. 3rd St.
|21||Joab Mershon House||November 7, 1996
|507 W. 5th St.
|22||Daniel O'Connell House||November 7, 1996
|115 N. Union St.
|23||Oak Hill Cemetery||November 13, 1995
|1000 block of N. Main St. (Illinois Routes 97 and 100)
|24||Odd Fellows Opera Block||August 8, 1996
|Southwestern corner of the junction of Main and Mechanic Sts.
|25||Ogden-Fettie Site||July 31, 1972
|South of Lewistown
|26||Orendorf Site||September 13, 1977
|Western side of U.S. Route 24 near the northern end of the Duck Creek Cooling Pond
|27||Ulysses G. Orendorff House||December 9, 1971
|345 W. Elm St.
|28||Henry H. Page House||November 7, 1996
|221 N. Union St.
|29||Hiram Palmer House||May 20, 1999
|703 E. Fort St.
|30||Parlin Library||May 6, 1994
|210 E. Chestnut St.
|31||Harvey Lee Ross House||November 7, 1996
|602 S. Main St.
|32||Seville Bridge||October 29, 1980
|Spans the Spoon River in Seville
|33||Sheets Site||December 22, 1978
|County Road 14, west of Lewistown
|34||Sleeth Site||May 17, 1979
|Northeast of the junction of U.S. Route 24 and Pollitt Rd.
|35||Elsworth Snowden House||November 7, 1996
|504 W. 3rd St.
|36||South Fulton Churchhouse||October 28, 1994
|2.2 miles south of the junction of Astoria-Bader Rd. and U.S. Route 24
|37||St. James Episcopal Church||December 31, 1974
|Northeastern corner of the junction of MacArthur and Broadway
|38||Stapleford-Hoover-Whitney House||November 7, 1996
|401 N. Main St.
|39||Table Grove Community Church||February 9, 1979
|N. Broadway and W. Liberty Sts.
|40||Tampico Mounds||May 14, 1979
|West of the junction of U.S. Route 24 and County Road 8
|41||Tartar's Ferry Bridge||October 29, 1980
|Spans the Spoon River southwest of Smithfield
|42||Vermont Historic District||November 24, 1997
|Roughly bounded by 2nd, Union, 4th, and Liberty Sts.
|43||Vermont Masonic Hall||November 16, 1988
|N. Main St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Elrod Bridge||October 29, 1980
|December 8, 1995||Southeast of Smithville spanning the Spoon River
||Smithfield||Destroyed by a tornado in 1995.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Fulton County, Illinois.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Illinois
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Illinois
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 6, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Maruszak, Kathleen. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Larson Site. National Park Service, 1977-09, 6.
- Maruszak, Kathleen. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Orendorf Site. National Park Service, 1976-11-09, 2.
- Maruszak, Kathleen, and Debi A. Jones. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Sheets Site. National Park Service, 1978-06, 2.
- Maruszak, Kathleen, and Debi A. Jones. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Sleeth Site. National Park Service, 1978-09, 4.
- Maruszak, Kathleen, and Debi A. Jones. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Tampico Mounds. National Park Service, 1978-09, 5.