National Register of Historic Places listings in Fulton County, Kentucky
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Fulton County, Kentucky.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Fulton County, Kentucky, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 16 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Adams Site (15FU4)||
|Southern side of Bayou de Chien, northeast of Hickman
||Hickman||Also known as "Fort Bayou de Chien" or the "Roberts Mounds"; Fulton County's largest mound complex|
|2||Amburg Mounds Site (15FU15)||
|Southwest of Hickman
||Hickman||Two Woodland period mounds several miles west of Hickman|
|3||Buchanan Street Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Wellington, Obion, Buchanan, and Union Sts.
|Moscow Ave. between Troy Ave. and 3rd St.
|5||Carr Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Carr, 4th, W. State Line and West Sts.
|6||Ben F. Carr Jr. House||
|203 2nd St.
|7||Confederate Memorial Gateway in Hickman||
|Hickman City Cemetery, 0.5 miles south of the junction of Kentucky Routes 125 and 199
|8||Confederate Memorial in Fulton||
|Fairview Cemetery, 2 blocks north of the junction of College and 5th Sts.
|9||Fulton County Courthouse||
|Off KY 94
|10||Fulton Downtown Historic District||
|Park of Carr, Commercial, Lake, Main and Walnut Sts.
|11||Old Hickman Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Clinton, Exchange, Obion, Moulton, and Kentucky Sts.
|12||Running Slough Site (15FU67)||
|Along Running Slough on the eastern edge of the Reelfoot National Wildlife Refuge
|13||Sassafras Ridge Site (15FU3)||
|Fish Pond Rd., west of Hickman:48
|14||Thomas Chapel C.M.E. Church||
|15||White Site (15FU24)||
|0.8 miles (1.3 km) north of the Adams Site
|16||Jesse Whitesell House||
|West of Fulton on Kentucky Route 116; also Kentucky Route 116 west of the Purchase Parkway
||Fulton||West of the Parkway represents a boundary increase of February 4, 2009, the Jesse Whitesell Farm, which extends into Obion County, Tennessee|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Vendome Opera House||
||Main and Commercial Sts.
||Fulton||Demolished in 1975.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Fulton County, Kentucky.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kentucky
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kentucky
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 24, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Funkhouser, W.D., and W.S. Webb. "Archaeological Survey of Kentucky". University of Kentucky Reports in Anthropology 7.5 (1950): 131.
- Pollack, David, ed. The Archaeology of Kentucky: An Update. Frankfort: Kentucky Heritage Council, 2008, 35.
- McNutt, Charles H., ed. Prehistory of the Central Mississippi Valley. Tuscaloosa: U of Alabama P, 1996, 82.
- Wesler, Kit W. "Fifty Years of Western Kentucky Prehistoric Ceramics", Journal of Kentucky Archaeology 1.1 (2011): 42-54.
- Sussenbach, Tom, and R. Barry Lewis. Archaeological Investigations in Carlisle, Hickman, and Fulton Counties, Kentucky: Site Survey and Excavations. Western Kentucky Project Report #4. Champaign: U of Illinois Department of Anthropology, 1987, 80-81.
- Fulton Downtown Historic District NRHP nomination form