National Register of Historic Places listings in Grant County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Grant County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Grant County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 17 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Baldwin Addition Historic District||
|Roughly along Main St., between 2nd and 4th Sts.
|2||Cumberland Covered Bridge||
|CR 1000 over the Mississinewa River
||Jefferson Township and Matthews|
|3||Fairmount Commercial Historic District||
|205-101 and 124-102 S. Main, 102-124 and 101-123 N. Main, 107 W. 1st, and 119-117 W. Washington
|4||Gas City High School||
|400 E. South A St.
|5||Grant County Jail and Sheriff's Residence||
|215 E. 3rd St.
|6||Abijah C. Jay House||
|118 W. 7th St.
|7||Israel Jenkins House||
|7453 E400S, southeast of Marion
|8||Marion Branch, National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers Historic District||
|1700 E. 38th St.
|9||Marion Downtown Commercial Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by 7th, 2nd, Branson, and Gallatin Sts.
|10||Meshingomesia (Mihsiinkweemisa) Cemetery and Indian School Historic District||
|3820 W600N, northeast of Jalapa
|11||J.W. Patterson House||
|203 and 209 E. Washington St.
||Fairmount||209 Washington represents a boundary increase of January 18, 1985|
|12||Aaron Swayzee House||
|224 N. Washington St.
|407 E. Main St.
|14||George, Jr. and Marie Daugherty Webster House||
|926 S. Washington St.
|15||West Ward School||
|210 W. North A St.
|16||J. Woodrow Wilson House||
|723 W. 4th St.
|1119 Overlook Rd., north of Marion
||Washington Township||A Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Usonion home|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Grant County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Grant County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.