National Register of Historic Places listings in Greenup County, Kentucky
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Greenup County, Kentucky.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Greenup County, Kentucky, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 20 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bennett's Mill Covered Bridge||March 26, 1976
|Kentucky Route 2125 west of Greenup||Greenup|
|2||Front Street District||January 27, 1988
|3||General U.S. Grant Bridge||May 31, 2001
|Ohio River-Chillicothe and 2nd St.||South Portsmouth||Extends into Scioto County, Ohio. Demolished in 2001.|
|4||Greenup Masonic Lodge||January 27, 1988
|314 Main St.||Greenup|
|5||Kouns-Hoffman House||January 27, 1988
|208 Jefferson St.||Greenup|
|6||KY 2541 Bridge||January 27, 1988
|Main St. over the Little Sandy River||Greenup|
|7||Lower Shawneetown||April 28, 1983
|Northwest of Kentucky Route 8||South Portsmouth|
|8||Lower Shawneetown Archeological District||November 29, 1985
|Scattered around South Portsmouth||South Portsmouth||Includes Lower Shawneetown and Group A of the Portsmouth Earthworks, and extends into Lewis County|
|9||McConnell House, Law Office, and Slave Quarters||July 30, 1975
|West of Wurtland on U.S. Route 23||Wurtland|
|10||McKee House||January 27, 1988
|1023 Riverside Dr.||Greenup|
|11||Methodist Episcopal Church South||January 27, 1988
|12||Oldtown Covered Bridge||March 26, 1976
|South of Oldtown off Kentucky Route 1||Oldtown|
|13||Portsmouth Earthworks, Group A||December 4, 1980
|Between County Route 8 and the Ohio River, west of South Portsmouth||South Portsmouth|
|14||Russell Railroad YMCA||May 2, 2001
|451 Verhon St.||Russell|
|15||South Greenup District||January 27, 1988
|Roughly bounded by the C&O railroad line, Laurel St., Seaton Ave., and Washington St.||Greenup|
|16||Jesse Stuart House||June 1, 1982
|Stuarts Lane off W. Hollow Rd.||Greenup|
|17||Warnock House||January 27, 1988
|18||West Main Street District||January 27, 1988
|W. Main St.||Greenup|
|19||Worthington House||January 27, 1988
|U.S. Route 23 at Academy Rd.||Greenup|
|20||Wurtland Union Church||December 4, 2008
|325 Wurtland Ave.||Wurtland|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Greenup County, Kentucky.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kentucky
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kentucky
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 13, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from this historical marker; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"
- Location derived from those of other Portsmouth sites included in the district; NRIS mentions them but lists this site as "Address Restricted".
- National Park Service (2007-06-30). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Location derived from this map; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"