National Register of Historic Places listings in Guernsey County, Ohio
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Guernsey County, Ohio.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Guernsey County, Ohio, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Barnett-Criss House||December 8, 1978
|Southwest of Cambridge off U.S. Route 22||Westland Township|
|2||Berwick Hotel||March 29, 1983
|600-615 Wheeling Ave.||Cambridge|
|3||Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church||November 24, 1978
|West of Pleasant City on State Route 146||Valley Township|
|4||Booth Homestead||September 6, 1979
|North of Guernsey at 8433 Township Road 838||Wheeling Township|
|5||Broom Building||February 17, 1983
|701 Wheeling Ave.||Cambridge|
|6||Broom-Braden Stone House||July 18, 1980
|North of Cambridge at 66715 Reed Rd.||Cambridge Township|
|7||Claysville School||February 22, 1979
|North of Claysville on Claysville Rd.||Westland Township|
|8||Ebenezer Finley House||February 28, 1986
|East of Buffalo on State Route 313||Valley Township||Destroyed|
|9||Guernsey County Courthouse||July 16, 1973
|10||Samuel Harper Stone House||January 3, 1980
|North of New Concord on Peters Creek Rd.||Adams Township|
|11||Kennedy Stone House||October 3, 1975
|Southeast of North Salem in Salt Fork State Park||Jefferson Township|
|12||McCracken-McFarland House||February 16, 1979
|216 N. 8th St.||Cambridge|
|13||McCracken-Scott House||December 20, 1978
|819 Steubenville Ave.||Cambridge|
|14||McCreary-Burnworth House||March 12, 1982
|220 Highland Ave.||Cambridge|
|15||National Road||August 23, 1985
|Township Road 650, east of Cambridge||Center Township|
|16||Old Washington Historic District||May 29, 1975
|Both sides of Main St.||Old Washington|
|17||S Bridge, National Road||October 15, 1966
|4 mi (6.4 km) east of Old Washington on U.S. Route 40||Wills Township|
|18||Peter B. Sarchet House||February 22, 1979
|North of Cambridge on Oldham Rd.||Cambridge Township|
|19||Sarchet-Burgess House||May 21, 1987
|145 W. 8th St.||Cambridge|
|20||Colonel Joseph Taylor House||August 29, 2008
|633 Upland Rd.||Cambridge|
|21||Wheeling Avenue Historic District||May 11, 1987
|Roughly bounded by Steubenville, 10th, Wheeling, and 4th Aves.||Cambridge|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Guernsey County, Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on February 8, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.