National Register of Historic Places listings in Hampshire County, West Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Hampshire County, West Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Hampshire County, West Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 27 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Barbour - Berkeley - Boone - Braxton - Brooke - Cabell - Calhoun - Clay - Doddridge - Fayette - Gilmer - Grant - Greenbrier - Hampshire - Hancock - Hardy - Harrison - Jackson - Jefferson - Kanawha - Lewis - Lincoln - Logan - Marion - Marshall - Mason - McDowell - Mercer - Mineral - Mingo - Monongalia - Monroe - Morgan - Nicholas - Ohio - Pendleton - Pleasants - Pocahontas - Preston - Putnam - Raleigh - Randolph - Ritchie - Roane - Summers - Taylor - Tucker - Tyler - Upshur - Wayne - Webster - Wetzel - Wirt - Wood - Wyoming
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||The Brill Octagon House||May 31, 2016
|Capon Springs and McIlwee Rds.||Capon Springs|
|2||Capon Chapel||December 12, 2012
|Christian Church Rd.||Capon Bridge|
|3||Capon Springs||November 12, 1993
|Capon Springs Rd. (County Route 16)||Capon Springs|
|4||Fort Mill Ridge Civil War Trenches||January 22, 2014
|Fort Mill Ridge Rd.||Romney|
|5||Fort Van Meter||December 30, 2009
|6||French's Mill||December 16, 2014
|Augusta-Ford Hill Rd.||Augusta|
|7||Hampshire County Courthouse||September 7, 2005
|66 N. High St.||Romney|
|8||Hebron Church||December 16, 2014
|10851 Carper's Pike||Yellow Spring|
|9||Hickory Grove||August 18, 2011
|County Route 8, 1 mile (1.6 km) south of U.S. Route 50||Romney|
|10||Hook's Tavern||April 29, 2011
|Junction of U.S. Route 50 and Smokey Hollow Rd.||Capon Bridge|
|11||Kuykendall Polygonal Barn||July 9, 1985
|12||Nathaniel and Isaac Kuykendall House||December 16, 2014
|13||Literary Hall||May 29, 1979
|Main and High Sts.||Romney|
|14||North River Mills Historic District||May 4, 2011
|Junction of County Roads 45/20 and 4/2||North River Mills|
|15||Old District Parsonage||May 5, 2005
|351 N. High St.||Romney|
|16||Old Pine Church||December 12, 2012
|Old Pine Church Rd.||Purgitsville|
|17||Pin Oak Fountain||May 31, 2016
|WV 29 and Falconwood Rd.||Pin Oak|
|18||Capt. David Pugh House||August 25, 2004
|County Route 14 at County Route 23/4||Hooks Mills|
|19||Scanlon Farm||February 3, 1988
|Three Churches Run Rd.||Three Churches|
|20||Sloan-Parker House||June 5, 1975
|East of Junction on U.S. Route 50||Junction|
|21||Capon Lake Whipple Truss Bridge||December 15, 2011
|WV 259 north of its junction with County Route 16||Capon Lake|
|22||Springfield Brick House||January 2, 2013
|12 Market St.||Springfield|
|23||Sycamore Dale||December 2, 1980
|West of Romney off County Route 8||Romney|
|24||Valley View||December 12, 2012
|Depot Valley Rd.||Romney|
|25||Washington Bottom Farm||November 29, 2001
|26||Wilson-Wodrow-Mytinger House||August 22, 1977
|51 W. Gravel Ln.||Romney|
|27||Yellow Spring Mill||December 16, 2014
|Junction of WV 259 and Cacapon River Rd.||Yellow Spring|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Hampshire County, West Virginia.|
- List of historic sites in Hampshire County, West Virginia
- List of National Historic Landmarks in West Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in West Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 10, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- The NRIS lists Capon Springs as "Address Restricted"; this location is derived from "Driving Directions". Capon Springs & Farms. Archived from the original on 2009-01-18. Retrieved 2009-01-18.
- General Highway Map: Hampshire County, West Virginia (Map). West Virginia Department of Transportation. 2008.