National Register of Historic Places listings in Hanover County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Hanover County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Hanover County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 40 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 3 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Ashland Historic District||February 11, 1983
|Center, Racecourse, James, Howard, and Clay Sts., and Hanover and Railroad Aves.
|2||Ashland UDC Jefferson Davis Highway Marker||August 27, 2013
|Junction of U.S. Route 1 and Cedar Lane
|3||Beaverdam Depot||November 8, 1988
|On the CSX railroad tracks at the junction of Beaver Dam and Beaverdam School Rds.
|4||Church Quarter||November 22, 2000
|12432 Old Ridge Rd.
|5||Clover Lea||February 28, 1979
|East of Mechanicsville off Piping Tree Rd.
|6||Cold Harbor National Cemetery||August 10, 1995
|0.5 miles (0.80 km) east of the junction of State Route 156 and Cold Harbor Rd.
|7||Cool Well||September 6, 2007
|8198 Shady Grove Rd.
|8||Dewberry||May 23, 1996
|Approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) northeast of the junction of Hewlett and Old Ridge Rds.
|9||Fork Church||February 26, 1970
|At the junction of Old Ridge and Rocketts Mill Rds.
|10||Hanover County Courthouse||October 1, 1969
|Junction of U.S. Route 301 and Library Dr.
||Hanover Court House|
|11||Hanover County Courthouse Historic District||September 22, 1971
|U.S. Route 301
|12||Hanover Meeting House||September 4, 1991
|6411 Heatherwood Dr.
||Mechanicsville||Site of the first non-Anglican church in Virginia|
|13||Hanover Town||September 17, 1974
|River Rd. on the western side of the Pamunkey River
|14||Hanover Wayside||November 22, 2002
|8225 Hanover Wayside Rd.
|15||Hickory Hill||November 21, 1974
|East of Ashland off Hickory Hill Rd.
|16||Immanuel Episcopal Church||May 23, 1996
|Old Church Rd., 1.7 miles (2.7 km) east of its junction with U.S. Route 360
|17||Laurel Meadow||July 7, 1995
|Eastern side of Lee Davis Rd., 0.2 miles (0.32 km) south of its junction with Pole Green Rd.
|18||Montpelier Historic District||May 16, 2002
|Roughly along Mountain Rd.
|19||Oak Forest||August 23, 1999
|7400 Rural Point Rd.
|20||Oakland||July 30, 1974
|North of Montpelier
|21||Oakley Hill||May 19, 1994
|Southern side of State Route 156, 2,500 feet (760 m) west of its junction with Lee Davis Rd.
|22||Patrick Henry's Birthplace Archeological Site||August 2, 1982
|9620 Studley Farm Dr.
|23||Pine Slash||November 19, 1987
|Rural Point Rd.
|24||Randolph-Macon College Buildings||June 19, 1979
|Randolph-Macon College campus
|25||Richmond National Battlefield Park||October 15, 1966
|East of Richmond
|26||Edmund Ruffin Plantation||October 15, 1966
|11 miles (18 km) northeast of Richmond on U.S. Route 360
||Richmond||Also known as Marlbourne|
|27||Rural Plains||June 5, 1975
|6 miles (9.7 km) north of Mechanicsville off Studley Rd.
|28||St. Paul's Episcopal Church||May 19, 1994
|Southwestern corner of the junction of U.S. Route 301 and State Route 54
|29||Scotchtown||October 15, 1966
|10 miles (16 km) northwest of Ashland on Scotchtown Rd.
||Ashland||Also known as the Patrick Henry House|
|30||Selwyn||May 22, 2003
|6279 Powhite Farm Dr.
|31||Sharp's Oakland||January 24, 2002
|12308 Verdon Rd.
|32||Slash Church||September 22, 1972
|Mt. Hermon Rd., north of its junction with Peaks Rd.
|33||Spring Green||December 31, 2002
|2160 Old Church Rd.
|34||Springfield||August 16, 1994
|Southern side of Old Ridge Rd., 0.4 miles (0.64 km) southwest of its junction with Coatesville Rd.
|35||Sycamore Tavern||July 24, 1974
|West of U.S. Route 33
|36||The Tavern at Old Church||May 16, 2016
|3350-3360 Old Church Rd.
|37||Totomoi||December 12, 1976
|West of Studley on Rural Point Rd.
|38||Trinity Church||December 27, 1990
|Junction of Teman and Goshen Rds.
|39||Virginia Industrial Home School for Colored Girls||October 7, 2016
|11391 Barrett Center Rd.
|40||Williamsville||November 18, 1985
|Off Williamsville Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Hanover County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Richmond, Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 23, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Visit Polegreen Church". Historic Polegreen Church Foundation. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Hanovertown
- "Studley". Richmond Metropolitan Convention and Visitor's Bureau. Retrieved 2014-03-20.