National Register of Historic Places listings in Henry County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Henry County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Henry County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Chrysler Enclosure||September 23, 1999
|Western side of Ross St. at Chrysler High School||New Castle|
|2||Gen. William Grose House||June 23, 1983
|614 S. 14th St.||New Castle|
|3||Guyer Opera House||December 6, 1979
|U.S. Route 40||Lewisville|
|4||John W. Hedrick House||December 27, 1984
|506 High St.||Middletown|
|5||Henry County Courthouse||April 2, 1981
|Courthouse Sq.||New Castle|
|6||Elias Hinshaw House||May 3, 1984
|16 W. Main St.||Knightstown|
|7||Knightstown Academy||September 29, 1976
|8||Knightstown Historic District||May 22, 1986
|Roughly bounded by Morgan, Adams, 3rd, and McCullum Sts.||Knightstown|
|9||Middletown Commercial Historic District||March 31, 2010
|Intersection of 5th and Locust Sts., stretching approximately 125 feet north and 180 feet south of Locust and one block west||Middletown|
|10||New Castle Archeological Site||April 26, 1976
|Grounds of the former New Castle State Hospital, southeast of the confluence of the Big and Little Blue Rivers, and northeast of New Castle||Henry Township|
|11||New Castle Commercial Historic District||December 19, 1991
|Roughly bounded by Fleming and 11th Sts., Central Ave. and the Norfolk Southern railroad tracks||New Castle|
|12||Richsquare Friends Meetinghouse and Cemetery||April 19, 2006
|5685 S. 250E, north of Lewisville||Franklin Township|
|13||Henry F. Whitelock House and Farm||December 22, 1983
|State Road 38, north of Shirley||Harrison Township|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Henry County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Henry County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 13, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from McCord, Beth. An Archaeological Assessment of Three Unique Woodland Sites in Henry County, Indiana. Muncie: Ball State U, 1998, 52. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".
- Location derived from Swartz, B.K., Jr. The New Castle Site: A Hopewell Ceremonial Complex in East Central Indiana. Muncie: Ball State U, 1976, 3. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".