National Register of Historic Places listings in Hernando County, Florida
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Hernando County, Florida.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Hernando County, Florida, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 8 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|Alachua - Baker - Bay - Bradford - Brevard - Broward - Calhoun - Charlotte - Citrus - Clay - Collier - Columbia - DeSoto - Dixie - Duval - Escambia - Flagler - Franklin - Gadsden - Gilchrist - Glades - Gulf - Hamilton - Hardee - Hendry - Hernando - Highlands - Hillsborough - Holmes - Indian River - Jackson - Jefferson - Lafayette - Lake - Lee - Leon - Levy - Liberty - Madison - Manatee - Marion - Martin - Miami-Dade (Miami) - Monroe - Nassau - Okaloosa - Okeechobee - Orange - Osceola - Palm Beach - Pasco - Pinellas - Polk - Putnam - St. Johns - St. Lucie - Santa Rosa - Sarasota - Seminole - Sumter - Suwannee - Taylor - Union - Volusia - Wakulla - Walton - Washington|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Chinsegut Hill Manor House||November 21, 2003
|22495 Chinsegut Hill Road||Brooksville|
|2||William Sherman Jennings House||October 22, 1998
|48 Olive Street||Brooksville|
|3||May-Stringer House||March 8, 1997
|601 Museum Court||Brooksville|
|4||Richloam General Store and Post Office||October 12, 2017
|38219 Richloam Clay Sink Rd.||Webster vicinity||Former general store, post office and Atlantic Coast Line Railroad station in a defunct community within the Withlacoochee State Forest.|
|5||Judge Willis Russell House||January 27, 1999
|201 South Main Street||Brooksville|
|6||Frank Saxon House||November 5, 1998
|200 Saxon Avenue||Brooksville|
|7||South Brooksville Avenue Historic District||September 25, 1998
|Roughly along South Brooksville Avenue, from Liberty Street to Early Avenue||Brooksville|
|8||Spring Lake Community Center||October 20, 2009
|4184 Spring Lake Highway||Spring Lake||Part of the Florida's New Deal Resources MPS|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Hernando County, Florida.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Florida
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Florida
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 12, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.