National Register of Historic Places listings in Howard County, Maryland
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Howard County, Maryland.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Howard County, Maryland, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 41 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 4 National Historic Landmarks.
|Allegany - Anne Arundel - Baltimore (city) - Baltimore County - Calvert - Caroline - Carroll - Cecil - Charles - Dorchester - Frederick - Garrett - Harford - Howard - Kent - Montgomery - Prince George's - Queen Anne's - Somerset - St. Mary's - Talbot - Washington - Wicomico - Worcester|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Commodore Joshua Barney House||
|North of Savage at 7912 Savage-Guilford Rd.
|2||Bollman Suspension and Trussed Bridge||
|Spanning the Little Patuxent River near the junction of Gorman Rd. and Foundry St.
|3||Brick House on the Pike||
|9465 Baltimore National Pike
|3950 White Rose Way
||Ellicott City||Also known as Burleigh Manor|
|12280 Folly Quarter Rd.
||Ellicott City||Now the Shrine of St. Anthony.|
|6||Cherry Grove, HO-1||
|2937 Jennings Chapel Rd.
|7||Christ Church Guilford||
|North of Guilford at 6800 Oakland Mills Rd.
|5771 Waterloo Rd.
|5100 Dorsey Hall Dr.
|8 miles west of Ellicott City on Manor Lane
|12||Elkridge Furnace Complex||
|5730 and 5741-5745 Furnace Ave., 5735 Race Rd.
|13||Ellicott City Historic District||
|Maryland Route 144
|14||Ellicott City Station||
|South of the Patapsco River Bridge
|9095 Furrow Avenue
|3412 Folly Quarter Rd.
|Southeast of Glenelg at 12793 Folly Quarter Road
|3145 Florence Rd.
|12301 Howard Lodge Rd.
|6036 Old Lawyers Hill Rd.
|21||Lawyers Hill Historic District||
|Area surrounding Lawyers Hill and Old Lawyers Hill Rds. and Elibank Dr.
|2327 Daniels Rd.
|3621 Macalpine Rd.
|13370 Brighton Dam Rd.
|16449 Ed Warfield Rd.
|26||Oakland Mills Blacksmith House and Shop||
|5471 Old Columbia Pike
|27||Old National Pike Milestones||
|U.S. Route 40, Alternate U.S. Route 40, and Scenic U.S. Route 40, and Maryland Routes 44 and 165
|28||Patterson Viaduct Ruins||
|South of Catonsville at the Patapsco River
|4730 Sheppard Ln.
|14610 Frederick Rd.
|31||Round About Hills||
|15505 Cattail Oaks
|Southwestern corner of Foundry Rd. and Washington St.
|33||Savage Mill Historic District||
|North of the Little Patuxent River off U.S. Route 1
|4252 Columbia Rd.
|35||Thomas Viaduct, Baltimore & Ohio Railroad||
|Over the Patapsco River between Relay and Elkridge
|7474 Washington Boulevard
|Interstate 95 and Maryland Route 176 (6500 Mansion Lane)
|1 mile north of Glenwood on Maryland Route 97
|2335 Marriottsville Road
|West of Ellicott City at 4130 Chatham Rd.
|9254 Old Annapolis Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Howard County, Maryland.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Maryland
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Maryland
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 15, 2016.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- Staff (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.