National Register of Historic Places listings in Indian River County, Florida
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Indian River County, Florida.
This is a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Indian River County, Florida, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 29 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|Alachua - Baker - Bay - Bradford - Brevard - Broward - Calhoun - Charlotte - Citrus - Clay - Collier - Columbia - DeSoto - Dixie - Duval - Escambia - Flagler - Franklin - Gadsden - Gilchrist - Glades - Gulf - Hamilton - Hardee - Hendry - Hernando - Highlands - Hillsborough - Holmes - Indian River - Jackson - Jefferson - Lafayette - Lake - Lee - Leon - Levy - Liberty - Madison - Manatee - Marion - Martin - Miami-Dade (Miami) - Monroe - Nassau - Okaloosa - Okeechobee - Orange - Osceola - Palm Beach - Pasco - Pinellas - Polk - Putnam - St. Johns - St. Lucie - Santa Rosa - Sarasota - Seminole - Sumter - Suwannee - Taylor - Union - Volusia - Wakulla - Walton - Washington|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Driftwood Inn and Restaurant||August 6, 1994
|3150 Ocean Drive||Vero Beach|
|2||Marian Fell Library||October 8, 1996
|63 North Cypress Street||Fellsmere||Part of the Fellsmere MPS|
|3||Fellsmere Public School||November 22, 1996
|22 South Orange Street||Fellsmere||Part of the Fellsmere MPS|
|4||First Methodist Episcopal Church||December 27, 1996
|39 North Broadway||Fellsmere||Part of the Fellsmere MPS|
|5||Judge Henry F. Gregory House||June 3, 1994
|2179 10th Avenue||Vero Beach|
|6||Hallstrom House||June 6, 2002
|1723 Southwest Old Dixie Highway||Vero Beach|
|7||Theodore Hausmann Estate||March 14, 1997
|4800 16th Street||Vero Beach|
|8||Frank and Stella Heiser House||November 29, 2017
|11055 138th Ave.||Fellsmere vicinity|
|9||Indian River County Courthouse||July 19, 1999
|2145 14th Avenue||Vero Beach|
|10||Jungle Trail||August 1, 2003
|Between Old Winter Bch Rd. and State Road A1A on Orchid Island||Orchid|
|11||Bamma Vickers Lawson House||July 26, 1990
|1133 U.S. Route 1||Sebastian|
|12||Maher Building||October 28, 1994
|1423 20th Street||Vero Beach|
|13||McKee Jungle Gardens||January 7, 1998
|350 U.S. Route 1||Vero Beach|
|14||Old Palmetto Hotel||November 13, 1991
|1889 Old Dixie Highway||Vero Beach|
|15||Old Town Sebastian Historic District, East||August 4, 2003
|Main and Washington Streets, Riverside Drive, and the Florida East Coast railroad line||Sebastian|
|16||Old Town Sebastian Historic District, West||January 6, 2004
|Bounded by Palmetto Avenue and Lake and Main Streets||Sebastian|
|17||Old Vero Beach Community Building||January 19, 1993
|2146 14th Avenue||Vero Beach|
|18||Osceola Park Historic Residential District||January 13, 2013
|Bounded by 20th & 18th Sts., 20th & 23rd Aves.||Vero Beach|
|19||Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge||October 15, 1966
|East of Sebastian in the Indian River||Sebastian|
|20||Pueblo Arcade||March 8, 1997
|2044 14th Street||Vero Beach|
|21||Royal Park Arcade||July 31, 1998
|1059 21st Street||Vero Beach|
|22||Sebastian Grammar and Junior High School||August 17, 2001
|1235 Main St.||Sebastian||Now a museum inside the Sebastian City Hall complex.|
|23||Archie Smith Wholesale Fish Company||October 28, 1994
|1740 Indian River Drive||Sebastian|
|24||Spanish Fleet Survivors and Salvors Camp Site||August 12, 1970
|25||Treasure Hammock Ranch Farmstead||December 11, 2013
|8005 37th Street||Vero Beach vicinity|
|26||Vero Beach Diesel Power Plant||February 26, 1999
|1246 19th Street||Vero Beach|
|27||Vero Beach Woman's Club||February 10, 1995
|1534 21st Street||Vero Beach|
|28||Vero Railroad Station||January 6, 1987
|2336 Fourteenth Street||Vero Beach|
|29||Vero Theatre||April 28, 1992
|2036 14th Avenue||Vero Beach|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Indian River County, Florida.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Florida
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Florida
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on February 15, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Sebastian Area Historical Museum". Retrieved April 29, 2016.