National Register of Historic Places listings in Jackson County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Jackson County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 17 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|4475 E. State Road 258, west of Seymour
|2||Carr High School||
|10059 W. County Road 250 S., west of Medora
|0.6 miles south of County Road 700S on County Road 550W over the Muscatatuck River, southwest of Brownstown
||Driftwood Township||Extends into Washington County|
|105 S. Chestnut St.
|5||First Presbyterian Church||
|301 N. Walnut St.
|6||Jackson County Courthouse||
|111 S. Main St.
|7||Joseph Jackson Hotel||
|2420 S. Main St. in Vallonia
|8||Low Spur Archeological Site (12J87)||
|9||Medora Covered Bridge||
|Off State Road 235, ½ mile southeast of Medora over the east fork of the White River
||Carr and Driftwood Townships|
|10||T. Harlan and Helen Montgomery House||
|628 N. Poplar St.
|11||Picnic Area-Jackson State Forest||
|Approximately 1 mile north of State Road 250 in the Jackson-Washington State Forest, southeast of Brownstown
|12||Sand Hill Archeological Site 12J62||
|13||Seymour Commercial Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Walnut, 3rd, Ewing, and Bruce Sts.
|14||Shields' Mill Covered Bridge||
|Shields Rd. across the East Fork of the White River
||Brownstown and Hamilton Townships|
|15||Southern Indiana Railroad Freighthouse||
|105 N. Broadway
|16||George H. Vehslage House||
|515 N. Chestnut St.
|17||Frank Wheeler Hotel||
|Junction of 2nd and Main Sts. at Freetown
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Bell Ford Post Patented Diagonal "Combination Bridge"||
||State Road 258, 1.5 miles west of its junction with Community Dr., and northwest of Seymour
||Hamilton and Jackson Townships||Collapsed|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Jackson County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.