National Register of Historic Places listings in Jackson County, Michigan
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Jackson County, Michigan.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County, Michigan, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 26 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|2||Collins Manufacturing-Jackson Automobile Company Complex||
|2301 E. Michigan Ave.
|3||Concord Village Historic District||
|Roughly Hanover St. from Spring to Michigan Sts. and N. Main St. from Railroad to Monroe Sts.
|4||Denton Road-Sparks Foundation Park Pond Bridge||
|Denton Rd. over Sparks Foundation Park Pond
|5||Grass Lake Public School||
|661 E. Michigan Ave.
|6||Hanover High School Complex||
|105 Fairview St.
||Hanover||Currently houses the Lee Conklin Antique Reed Organ & History Museum|
|420 N. West Ave.
|8||Gordon Hitt Farmstead||
|4561 N. Lake Rd.
|9||Jackson District Library||
|244 W. Michigan St.
|10||James M. Jameson Farm||
|East of Springport at 10220 N. Parma Rd.
|11||Frederick A., Jr. and Caroline Hewett Kennedy Farm||
|8490 Hanover Rd.
|3740 Ocean Beach Rd.
||Columbia Township||Moved to a county park on the northeast side of Clark Lake. Currently used as the Clark Lake Community Center.|
|13||M-50-Sandstone Creek Bridge||
|M-50 over Sandstone Creek
|205 Hanover St.
|15||Michigan Central Railroad Jackson Depot||
|501 E. Michigan Ave.,
|16||Michigan State Prison||
|Armory Court and Cooper St.
|124 N. Mechanic St.
|18||Mill Street-South Branch Raisin River Bridge||
|Mill St. over the South Branch of the Raisin River
|102–106 Francis St.
|317 Hanover St.
|21||Peoples National Bank Building||
|101 E. Michigan Ave.
|22||Hugh H. Richard House||
|505 Wildwood Ave.
|23||Ella Sharp House||
|3225 4th St.
|24||Siebold Farm/Ruehle (Realy) Farm||
|9998 Waterloo-Munith Rd.
|25||Stone Post Office||
|Rear of 125 N. Jackson St.
|26||Andrew Wilcox House||
|231 E. High St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Sidney T. Smith House||
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County, Michigan.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Michigan
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Michigan
- List of Michigan State Historic Sites in Jackson County, Michigan
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 6, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Clake Lake Community Center". Retrieved January 29, 2016.