National Register of Historic Places listings in Jackson County, North Carolina
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County, North Carolina. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||E. M. Backus Lodge||June 9, 1988
|Cold Mountain Gap Rd.||Lake Toxaway||Extends into Transylvania County|
|2||Balsam Mountain Inn||July 15, 1982
|SR 1700 and SR 1701||Balsam|
|3||Camp Merrie-Woode||June 2, 1995
|US 64 N side, 1.6 miles N of jct. with NC 1120, at end of 1-miles-long dirt rd.||Cashiers|
|4||Church of the Good Shepherd||February 20, 1986
|NC 107 at SR 1118||Cashiers|
|5||Downtown Sylva Historic District||September 3, 2014
|Roughly bounded by Southern RR., Main, Landis & Jackson Sts.||Sylva|
|6||Fairfield Inn||June 14, 1982
|7||Lucius Coleman Hall House||March 9, 1990
|Off NC 116, 0.1 miles E of jct. with SR 1367||Webster|
|8||Elisha Calor Hedden House||December 21, 1989
|Main St. and Old Webster-Sylva Rd.||Webster|
|9||High Hampton Inn Historic District||September 26, 1991
|NC 107 E side, 1.5 miles S of US 64||Cashiers|
|10||Dr. D. D. Hooper House||April 21, 2000
|773 W. Main St.||Sylva|
|11||Jackson County Courthouse||May 10, 1979
|12||Joyner Building||December 8, 1978
|Western Carolina University Campus||Cullowhee||Burned|
|13||Judaculla Rock||March 27, 2013
|552 Judaculla Rock Rd.||Cullowhee|
|14||Elias Brendle Monteith House and Outbuildings||August 13, 2008
|111 Hometown Place Rd.||Dillsboro|
|15||Walter E. Moore House||February 23, 1990
|16||Mount Beulah Hotel||March 1, 1984
|US 23 and 441||Dillsboro|
|17||Webster Baptist Church||December 21, 1989
|NC 116 and SR 1340||Webster|
|18||Webster Methodist Church||December 21, 1989
|NC 116/Main St.||Webster|
|19||Webster Rock School||January 4, 1990
|20||Mordecai Zachary House||December 31, 1998
|NC 107, 0.2 miles S of NC 1107||Cashiers|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County, North Carolina.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in North Carolina
- List of National Historic Landmarks in North Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 7, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "North Carolina Listings in the National Register of Historic Places by County". North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. 22 October 2008. Retrieved 14 July 2009.