National Register of Historic Places listings in Jackson County, West Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Jackson County, West Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County, West Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 10 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
Barbour - Berkeley - Boone - Braxton - Brooke - Cabell - Calhoun - Clay - Doddridge - Fayette - Gilmer - Grant - Greenbrier - Hampshire - Hancock - Hardy - Harrison - Jackson - Jefferson - Kanawha - Lewis - Lincoln - Logan - Marion - Marshall - Mason - McDowell - Mercer - Mineral - Mingo - Monongalia - Monroe - Morgan - Nicholas - Ohio - Pendleton - Pleasants - Pocahontas - Preston - Putnam - Raleigh - Randolph - Ritchie - Roane - Summers - Taylor - Tucker - Tyler - Upshur - Wayne - Webster - Wetzel - Wirt - Wood - Wyoming
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Armstrong House||February 12, 1980
|315 North St.||Ripley|
|2||Clerc-Carson House||October 29, 1992
|121 North St.||Ripley|
|3||Faber Double-Crib Barn||September 7, 2005
|1106 County Route 21||Kenna|
|4||Lemley-Wood-Sayer House||October 30, 1985
|301 Walnut St.||Ravenswood|
|5||Otterbein Church||April 1, 1998
|County Route 87/11, near junction with County Route 5||Evans|
|6||Rankin Octagonal Barn||July 9, 1985
|County Route 3||Silverton|
|7||Ravenswood "Old Town" Historic District||March 23, 2007
|Bounded by Sandy Creek, the Ohio River, Sycamore St., and adjoining properties and the city limits to the east||Ravenswood|
|8||Ripley Historic District||August 25, 2004
|Portions of Charleston and Highlawn Drs., Church, Court, Main, Maple, North, 7th, and South Sts.||Ripley|
|9||Sarvis Fork Covered Bridge||June 4, 1981
|County Route 21/15||Sandyville|
|10||Staats Mill Covered Bridge||May 29, 1979
|Off County Route 25 at Cedar Lakes||Ripley|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Old Ravenswood School||August 29, 1979|
|April 16, 1984||Henry St.||Ravenswood|||
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County, West Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in West Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in West Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 13, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- West Virginia Division of Culture and History: Jackson County NRHP listings