National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Jefferson County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 4 National Historic Landmarks.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Lemuel Allen Farm||June 7, 2016
|3768 E. Pleasant Ridge Rd.||Madison Township|
|2||Crawford-Whitehead-Ross House||November 27, 1992
|510 W. Main St.||Madison|
|3||Crowe-Garritt House||November 10, 1980
|172 Crowe St.||Hanover|
|4||Eleutherian College||December 15, 1993
|State Road 250 at Lancaster||Lancaster Township|
|5||Thomas A. Hendricks Library||February 26, 1982
|College Dr. (Campus Rd.) east of Hanover||Hanover Township|
|6||Lyman and Asenath Hoyt House||September 28, 2003
|7147 W. State Road 250 at Lancaster||Lancaster Township|
|7||Jefferson County Jail||June 18, 1973
|8||Lanier Mansion||April 19, 1994
|511 W. 1st St.||Madison|
|9||Madison Historic District||May 25, 1973
|Roughly bounded by Crooked Creek, Springdale Cemetery, Michigan, New Hill and Telegraph Hill Rds., and the Ohio River||Madison|
|10||Oakdale School||May 14, 1993
|Morgan Rd., Jefferson Proving Ground||Monroe Township|
|11||St. Stephen's African Methodist Episcopal Church||December 28, 2000
|220 W. Main St.||Hanover|
|12||Charles L. Shrewsbury House||April 19, 1994
|301 W. 1st St.||Madison|
|13||Mathias Wolf Farm||June 7, 2016
|4137 E. Pleasant Ridge Rd.||Madison Township|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jefferson County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- Listings in neighboring counties: Carroll (KY), Clark, Jennings, Ripley, Scott, Switzerland, Trimble (KY)
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Jefferson County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", retrieved May 13, 2022.
- Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. March 13, 2009.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.