National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson County, Nebraska
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson County, Nebraska. It is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Jefferson County, Nebraska, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Colman House||June 25, 1982
|501 Lavelle St.||Diller|
|2||Anna C. Diller Opera House||July 6, 1988
|Commercial and Hilton||Diller|
|3||District No. 1 School of Jefferson County||December 8, 1997
|Junction of N. 2nd and Curtis Sts.||Steele City|
|4||District No. 10 School||December 15, 1978
|Intersection of county roads 717 Rd and 559 Av||Powell|
|5||Fairbury Commercial Historic District||June 20, 1997
|Roughly bounded by 6th, F, 3rd, and B Sts., and railroad tracks||Fairbury|
|6||Fairbury Jr/Sr High School and Gymnasium-Auditorium||March 25, 1999
|Roughly bounded by J and K St., and 7th and 8th Sts.||Fairbury|
|7||Fairbury Public-Carnegie Library||September 12, 1985
|601 7th St.||Fairbury|
|8||Fairbury Rock Island Depot and Freight House||June 21, 1996
|910 2nd Street||Fairbury|
|9||IOOF Temple Building||June 15, 1987
|523 E St.||Fairbury|
|10||Jefferson County Courthouse||November 27, 1972
|11||People's State Bank||December 13, 1984
|Nebraska Highway 103||Diller||Now occupied by Diller Historical Society and Diller Museum|
|12||Site No. JF00-072||June 19, 1987
|Junction of Thayer, Jefferson, Washington, and Republic county lines||Buckley Precinct|
|13||Woral C. Smith Lime Kiln and Limestone House||December 3, 1974
|2 miles northwest of Fairbury||Fairbury|
|14||Steele City Historic District||March 16, 1972
|Roughly bounded by Main and 2nd Sts., Gardline, and the St. Joseph and Western Railroad railroad line||Steele City|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jefferson County, Nebraska.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Nebraska
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Nebraska
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 12, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- See street sign in photo.
- "Rock Island Railroad Depot Museum". Welcome to Fairbury.com. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "Museum". Archived 2012-01-17 at the Wayback Machine Diller, Nebraska. Archived 2012-12-16 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 2013-06-06.