National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the parish.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Barataria Unit of Jean Lafitte Historical Park Historic District||October 15, 1966
|6588 Barataria Boulevard
||Marrero||Nature preserve, roughly bounded by Bayou Coquilles, Bayou des Familles, Bayou Barataria, Bayou Villars, and Lake Salvador|
|2||L.J. Bernard Hardware Store||September 22, 2000
|275 Sala Ave.
|3||Conrad A. Buchler House||September 9, 1999
|236 Sala Ave.
|4||Camp Parapet Powder Magazine||May 24, 1977
|Arlington St., east of Causeway Boulevard
||Metairie||Civil War fortification|
|5||David Crockett Fire Hall and Pumper||January 27, 1983
|205 Lafayette St.
|6||Felix-Block Building||July 18, 1985
|303 Williams Boulevard
|7||Fort Livingston||August 30, 1974
|Western tip of Grande Terre Island
||Grand Isle||Ruins of early 19th century fort|
|8||Gretna Historic District||May 2, 1985
|Roughly bounded by 1st, Amelia, and 9th Sts., Gulf Dr., 4th, and Huey P. Long Ave.
|9||Harahan Elementary School||April 14, 1983
|6723 Jefferson Highway
|10||Kenner Town Hall||January 23, 1986
|1903 Short St.
|11||Kerner House||January 28, 2000
|1012 Monroe St.
|12||Magnolia Lane Plantation House||February 13, 1986
|Louisiana Highway 541 at Nine Mile Pt.
||Westwego||Plantation house at Nine Mile Point; originally Fortier Plantation|
|13||Ed Martin Seafood Company Factory and House||September 29, 2000
|300 Sala Ave. and 306 Sala House
|14||Old Kenner High School||February 7, 2008
|1601 Rev. Richard Wilson
|15||Old Jefferson Parish Courthouse||January 21, 1983
|200 Huey P. Long Ave.
|16||Vic Pitre House||August 20, 1998
|476 Sala Ave.
|17||Raziano House||August 14, 1998
|913 Minor St.
|18||St. Joseph Church-Convent of the Most Holy Sacrament Complex||April 15, 1983
|Lavousier and 7th Sts.
|19||Southern Pacific Steam Locomotive #745||September 4, 1998
|Spur line off Jefferson Highway, between Betz Ave. and Coolidge St.
||Jefferson||Restored 1921 Louisiana built steam locomotive|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Louisiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Louisiana
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 1, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.