National Register of Historic Places listings in Jennings County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Jennings County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Jennings County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 7 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Annadale||January 25, 2007
|502 S. Jennings St.||North Vernon|
|2||Benville Bridge||July 30, 1996
|US Army Jefferson Proving Ground, approximately 1 mile east off Perimeter Rd.||Bigger Township|
|3||Edward's Ford Bridge||July 30, 1996
|US Army Jefferson Proving Ground, off Northwest Rd.||Campbell Township|
|4||North Vernon Downtown Historic District||April 19, 2006
|Bounded by 6th and Chestnut Sts., Keller St., 4th and Main, and Jennings||North Vernon|
|5||State Street Historic District||January 25, 2007
|Roughly bounded by Chestnut, Jackson, Jefferson, and State Sts.||North Vernon|
|6||Vernon Historic District||August 27, 1976
|1 mile south of North Vernon on State Roads State Road 3 and State Road 7||Vernon and Vernon Township|
|7||Walnut Street Historic District||September 20, 2006
|Roughly including both sides of Walnut St. between State and Gum Sts.||North Vernon|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jennings County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Jennings County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 9, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.