National Register of Historic Places listings in Jersey County, Illinois
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Jersey County, Illinois.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Jersey County, Illinois, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Charles Brainerd House||
|420 E. Main St. (Illinois Route 100)
|Southern side of Illinois Route 100, ½ mile west of Brussels Ferry
|3||Elsah Historic District||
|North of the McAdams Highway
|24818 Homeridge Dr.
|5||Col. William H. Fulkerson Farmstead||
|1510 N. State St. (US Highway 67)
|225 E. Main St. (Illinois Route 100)
|7||Grafton Historic District||
|105-225 and 24-214 W. Main St. (Illinois Route 100), and stone wharf at Maple St.
|8||Hamilton Primary School||
|200 ft. west of the intersection of Otterville and McClusky Rds.
|9||Jersey County Courthouse||
|Courthouse Square (bordered by W. Pearl, N. Lafayette, W. Exchange, and N. Washington Streets)
|10||Jerseyville Downtown Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Spruce, N. Lafayette, Prairie, and N. Jefferson Streets
|11||Paris Mason Building||
|100 N. Springfield St.
|12||John and Amelia McClintock House||
|321 E. Main St. (Illinois Route 100)
|13||New Piasa Chautauqua Historic District||
|Off McAdams Parkway
|Western side of Illinois Route 100, 500 feet south of the Narrows Creek bridge
|15||Pere Marquette State Park Lodge and Cabins||
|16||Principia College Historic District||
|207-215 E. Main St. (Illinois Route 100)
|25 E. Main St. (Illinois Route 100)
|19||Smith-Duncan House and Eastman Barn||
|Illinois Route 100 at Pere Marquette State Park, 2,000 feet (610 m) west of Deer Lick Hollow
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jersey County, Illinois.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Illinois
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Illinois
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Wagner, Suzanne. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Duncan Farm. National Park Service, 1981-07-30, 5.
- Maruszak, Kathleen. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Nutwood Site. National Park Service, 1977-02, 5.