National Register of Historic Places listings in Jones County, Texas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places in Jones County, Texas.
This is intended to be a complete list of properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Jones County, Texas. There are 22 properties listed on the National Register in the county. Three of these are also Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks.
The locations of National Register properties may be seen in a mapping service provided.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||J. P. Astin House||September 24, 1986
|111 E. Campbell||Stamford|
|2||Buena Vista Hotel||September 24, 1986
|123 N. Wetherbee||Stamford|
|3||Dr. E. P. Bunkley House and Garage||September 24, 1986
|1034 E. Reynolds||Stamford|
|4||First Baptist Church||September 24, 1986
|E. Oliver and N. Swenson||Stamford||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|5||Fort Phantom Hill||September 14, 1972
|N of Abilene on Ranch Rd. 600||Abilene|
|6||House at 501 North Swenson||September 24, 1986
|501 N. Swenson||Stamford|
|7||House at 502 South Orient||September 24, 1986
|502 S. Orient||Stamford|
|8||House at 610 East Oliver||September 24, 1986
|610 E. Oliver||Stamford|
|9||House at 709 East Reynolds||September 24, 1986
|709 E. Reynolds||Stamford|
|10||House at 719 East Reynolds||September 24, 1986
|719 E. Reynolds||Stamford|
|11||House at 815 East Campbell||September 24, 1986
|815 E. Campbell||Stamford|
|12||A. J. Jackson House||September 24, 1986
|305 S. Ferguson||Stamford|
|13||Jones County Courthouse||May 1, 2003
|1100 12th St.||Anson||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|14||Old Bryant-Link Building||September 24, 1986
|120 S. Swenson||Stamford|
|15||Old Penick-Hughes Company||September 24, 1986
|100-106 E. Hamilton||Stamford|
|16||Old West Texas Utilities Company||September 24, 1986
|127 E. McHarg||Stamford|
|17||Old H. O. Wooten Grocery||September 24, 1986
|128 E. Rotan||Stamford||Demolished|
|18||Saint John's Methodist Church||September 24, 1986
|S. Ferguson St.||Stamford||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|19||SMS Building||September 24, 1986
|101 S. Wetherbee and 210 E. McHarg||Stamford|
|20||Stamford City Hall||September 24, 1986
|201 E. McHarg||Stamford|
|21||A. J. Swenson House||September 24, 1986
|305 E. Oliver||Stamford|
|22||US Post Office||September 24, 1986
|115 S. Swenson St.||Stamford|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Texas
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks in Jones County
- https://www.nps.gov/subjects/nationalregister/weekly-list.htm "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions"]. National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 4, 2018.
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Address based on USPS website. Accessed April 10, 2016.
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Jones County, Texas at Wikimedia Commons