National Register of Historic Places listings in Juneau, Alaska
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Juneau, Alaska.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Juneau, Alaska, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 23 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the city and borough, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||Description|
|1||Alaska Governor's Mansion||
|716 Calhoun Avenue
|2||Alaska Steam Laundry||
|174 South Franklin Street
|167 South Franklin Street
|434 3rd Street
||Condemned by city officials March 10, 2017 due to neglected maintenance and insect infestations.|
|5||Chicken Ridge Historic District||
|Roughly along Seventh Street, Goldbelt Avenue, Dixon Street, and Basin Road
|6||J. M. Davis House||
|202 Sixth Street
|7||Fort Durham Site||
|137 Sixth Street
|9||Fries Miners' Cabins||
|500 block of Kennedy Street
|10||Ernest Gruening Cabin||
|Mile 26 on the Glacier Highway northwest of Juneau
|11||Holy Trinity Church||
|325 Gold Street
||Destroyed by fire March 12, 2006|
|12||Jualpa Mining Camp||
|1001 Basin Road
||Site of the Last Chance Mining Museum.|
|13||Juneau Downtown Historic District||
|Roughly Franklin Street from Second Street to south of Ewing Way, Second and First Streets from Franklin to Main Streets, and Front Street
|14||Juneau Memorial Library||
|114 West Fourth Street
||Building now houses the Juneau City Museum|
|236 Third Street
|750 St Anns Ave., Douglas townsite, Douglas Island
||Now used as a Montessori school.|
|2865 Mendenhall Loop Rd, C-0
|18||St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church||
|326 Fifth Street
|19||Sentinel Island Light Station||
|20||Twin Glacier Camp||
|Along the Taku River
||Originally a hunting camp, now a tourist destination known as Taku Glacier Lodge|
|202 Front Street
||Associated with Emery Valentine|
|213 Seventh Street
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Juneau, Alaska.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Alaska
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Alaska
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 24, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Hsieh, Jeremy (March 9, 2017). "CBJ: Bergmann Hotel shutdown and evictions imminent due to health and safety problems". Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- "Holy Trinity: A Brief History". Juneau, Alaska: Church of the Holy Trinity. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "A History of Montessori in Juneau". Juneau Montessori School. Retrieved April 16, 2016.