National Register of Historic Places listings in Kankakee County, Illinois
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Kankakee County, Illinois.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Kankakee County, Illinois, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||B. Harley Bradley House and Stable||
|701 S. Harrison Ave.
|2||Edward Chipman Public Library||
|126 N. Locust St.
|3||Downtown Momence Historic District||
|Roughly Washington St., from N. Locust to Pine and the Dixie Highway, and from 2nd to River
|459 N. Kennedy Dr.
|5||Warren Hickox House||
|687 S. Harrison Ave.
|825 S. Chicago Ave.
|7||Illinois Central Railroad Depot||
|199 S. East Ave.
|8||Kankakee County Courthouse||
|450 E. Court St.
|9||Kankakee State Hospital Historic District||
|100 E. Jeffery St.
|10||Lemuel Milk Carriage House||
|165 N. Indiana Ave.
|6976 N. Vincennes Trail
|12||Riverview Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by River and Eagle Sts., Wildwood Ave., and the Kankakee River
|13||Charles E. Swannell House||
|901 S. Chicago
|Kankakee River Nature Preserve, west of Bradley
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Kankakee County, Illinois.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Illinois
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Illinois
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 16, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Wagner, Mark. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Windrose Site. National Park Service, 1999-05-09, 50.