National Register of Historic Places listings in Kern County, California
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Kern County, California.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Kern County, California, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 24 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 4 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bakersfield Californian Building||
|1707 Eye St.
|Southwest of Inyokern near the junction of CA 14 and CA 178
|3||Burro Schmidt's Tunnel||
|311 S. Green St.
|5||First Baptist Church||
|1200 Truxtun Ave.
|3 mi. NW of Lebec
|Ash and Lincoln Sts.
|8||The Forty Acres||
|30168 Garces Highway
|530 James St.
|10||Courtlandt Gross House||
|18600 Courtlandt Ct.
|1800 19th St.
|12||Kern Branch, Beale Memorial Library||
|1400 Baker St.
|13||Last Chance Canyon||
|14||Long Canyon Village Site||
|15||National Farm Workers Association Headquarters||
|102 Albany St.
|16||Nuestra Senora Reina de la Paz||
|29700 Woodford-Tehachapi Rd.
||Keene||designated a National Historic Landmark October 8, 2012|
|17||Rogers Dry Lake||
|Edwards Air Force Base
|18||Santa Fe Passenger and Freight Depot||
|150 Central Valley Hwy.
|19||Shafter Research Station||
|17053 Shafter Ave.
|20||Tehachapi Railroad Depot||
|101 W. Tehachapi Blvd.
||Tehachapi||Burned down in 2008, currently being rebuilt to the original design specifications (with minor code-required alterations)|
|1712 19th St.
|60 mi. NE of Bakersfield on CA 178
|23||Wasco Union High School Auditorium||
|1900 Seventh St.
|8305 Sunset Blvd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Kern County, California.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in California
- National Register of Historic Places listings in California
- California Historical Landmarks in Kern County, California
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Geocode coords from United States Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) database
- "Weekly list of actions taken on properties: 10/09/12 through 10/12/12". National Park Service. October 19, 2012. Retrieved October 21, 2012.