National Register of Historic Places listings in King George County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in King George County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in King George County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Belle Grove||April 11, 1973
|On U.S. Route 301||Port Conway||Birthplace of President James Madison|
|2||Ralph Bunche High School||May 1, 2006
|10139 U.S. Route 301||King George|
|3||Cleydael||December 18, 1986
|Off State Route 206||Weedonville|
|4||Eagle's Nest||October 29, 1992
|Eagles Nest Lane, north of its junction with State Route 218||Ambar|
|5||Emmanuel Church||January 7, 1987
|U.S. Route 301||Port Conway||Built 1860 as the church for Belle Grove|
|6||Lamb's Creek Church||September 22, 1972
|Lambs Creek Church Rd.||Sealston|
|7||Marmion||February 26, 1970
|Northeast of the junction of Comorn Rd. and Marmion Ln.||Comorn|
|8||Millbank||July 10, 2005
|Millbank Rd., northwest of Port Conway||Port Conway|
|9||Nanzatico||November 12, 1969
|South of the junction of Welcome and Salem Church Rds.||King George|
|10||Office Hall||January 24, 1991
|Junction of U.S. Route 301 and State Route 3||King George|
|11||Powhatan Rural Historic District||February 20, 1992
|Junction of Powhatan and Port Conway Rds.||King George|
|12||Rokeby||January 20, 2005
|5447 State Route 3||King George|
|13||St. Paul's Church||May 25, 1973
|West of Owens off State Route 206||Owens|
|14||Woodlawn Historic and Archeological District||January 3, 1991
|Between Salem Church Rd. and the Rappahannock River, east of U.S. Route 301||Port Conway|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Nanzattico Archeological Site||October 23, 2003|
|November 10, 2003||Address Restricted||Index|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in King George County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 10, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from its coordinates; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted" but provides coordinates